6.5mm long barrel

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
polemass

6.5mm long barrel

#1 Post by polemass »

Hi-I am after long barrel,min.20inch in 6.5mm with 8-10 twist,blank or chambered-but must be min.23.5mm OD from loading point;it is for 6.5grendel project-thnx,jb
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: 6.5mm long barrel

#2 Post by mag41uk »

Have you tried Dolphin or HPS or Sarony?

Other dealers are available!
polemass

#3 Post by polemass »

No,I am going for plain luck-maybe someone have it and his project gone t..s up an will get it for peanuts;)
But I will try too,thnx
The Gun Pimp

#4 Post by The Gun Pimp »

polemass wrote:Hi-I am after long barrel,min.20inch in 6.5mm with 8-10 twist,blank or chambered-but must be min.23.5mm OD from loading point;it is for 6.5grendel project-thnx,jb
You could go for a Spanish Bargara barrel blank. There are excellent barrels for about half the price of say a Bartlein or Lothar Walther. Fox Firearms are the UK importer and keep a good stock.
polemass

#5 Post by polemass »

Dolphin,Armalon,-to expensive and they are not interested doing this,asked last year
Will ask about Bargara,but it looks like import from EU(in some countries barrel not chambered is not restricted item-all changes on arrival here...gosh:(
or still counting on my luck...
Steve E

#6 Post by Steve E »

What exactly is it that you want doing? My gunsmith has 6.5 blanks sitting on the the shelf and he is in Surrey. If all you want is a barrel fitting and proofing it will be in the region of £650. You would also have to pay for the 6.5 Grendel reamer as he will have to order it specially for you.

You could also try contacting Mark Bradley.
Blu

#7 Post by Blu »

Steve I'm just curious that price of £650, is that just to have the barrel fitted and proofed?
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

There is a 6.5x55 barrel for sale on guntrader £205.

Bolt Action Titan Barrel Only 6.5x55 21" R/H £205 New Northamptonshire
Steve E

#9 Post by Steve E »

Blu wrote:Steve I'm just curious that price of £650, is that just to have the barrel fitted and proofed?
Barrel supplied, chambered fitted and proofed, circa £650 depending on barrel make, profile calibre etc. Some calibres/bores are more, some are less. Supply your own blank and it will be considerably cheaper. If my 'smith has to order in a reamer for a specific calibre, that may be added to the price of the work, especially if it is an oddball or wildcat chambering.
Blu

#10 Post by Blu »

Steve E wrote:
Blu wrote:Steve I'm just curious that price of £650, is that just to have the barrel fitted and proofed?
Barrel supplied, chambered fitted and proofed, circa £650 depending on barrel make, profile calibre etc. Some calibres/bores are more, some are less. Supply your own blank and it will be considerably cheaper. If my 'smith has to order in a reamer for a specific calibre, that may be added to the price of the work, especially if it is an oddball or wildcat chambering.
Yeah I did figure it was something along those lines but given we are talking UK prices here I had to ask. Before I started doing my own barrel changes, my last barrel change two years ago in which I supplied the barrel cost me $80 fitted and ready to shoot.