Scope base block(s)

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

Scope base block(s)

#1 Post by Les »

Does anybody have a small scope base block in their “bits” box that you are able to sell?

I recently bought an old Remington Rangemaster Model 37, and the condition is amazing for a rifle that must be at least 60 years old, but when I took it to the club to zero the scope, I ran out of windage adjustment.

It turned out to be the rear base block. It has been shortened lengthwise, which isn’t a problem, but the width has also been reduced fractionally, and that is causing the rear mount to throw the scope off line.

Image Image

The dimensions are as follows:-

Height -------------------- Width --------------- Hole spacing
Front .262mm/1/4” --- 11.72mm/461” --- 14.28mm/.560-562”
Rear .262mm/1/4” --- 11.72mm/461” --- 7.94mm/.312”

It is really only the rear block that I need, but if you have a pair that you can sell that would be great. fingerscrossed
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: Scope base block(s)

#2 Post by Les »

Les wrote:Does anybody have a small scope base block in their “bits” box that you are able to sell?

I recently bought an old Remington Rangemaster Model 37, and the condition is amazing for a rifle that must be at least 60 years old, but when I took it to the club to zero the scope, I ran out of windage adjustment.

It turned out to be the rear base block. It has been shortened lengthwise, which isn’t a problem, but the width has also been reduced fractionally, and that is causing the rear mount to throw the scope off line.

Image Image

The dimensions are as follows:-

Height -------------------- Width --------------- Hole spacing
Front .262mm/1/4” --- 11.72mm/461” --- 14.28mm/.560-562”
Rear .262mm/1/4” --- 11.72mm/461” --- 7.94mm/.312”

The 1/4" height isn't critical, but the hole spacing is.

It is really only the rear block that I need, but if you have a pair that you can sell that would be great. fingerscrossed