WW2 Period scope, German 3 Post Type

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
douglas670

WW2 Period scope, German 3 Post Type

#1 Post by douglas670 »

NB SOLD

Hi all
selling on behalf of a friend a WW2 Era German scope, he was going to fit it to his K98 but decided to leave alone.
He is looking for £149 which includes postage
here are some pics info

German scope SORNET ( Wetzlar ) 4 x 81 with reticle # 1 = three post, The scope is maker-marked: " SORNET ", It is, however, Schmidt & Bender / Biebertal , ( 100 % )!! The scope has 26mm steel tube, length is 27,5cm / 10 3/4 '', diameter ocular 38mm, diameter objective lens outside 40mm / inside 35mm. Good condition optically and mechanically.

regards
douglas
Attachments
$(KGrHqYOKnEE2,GQ3wfNBNou5!rP)g~~_3.jpg
scope2.jpg
scope.jpg
ovenpaa

Re: WW2 Period scope, German 3 Post Type

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

JAMESSSSS!!!!

I am sure you need one of these! ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

That is a really nice scope.

Good luck with the sale.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

Is there windage adjust on the scope?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
douglas670

#5 Post by douglas670 »

Hi all
I know nothing about the windage adjustments, perhaps someone here could let us know? i have asked the seller but he doesnt know either as he has not fitted it or really looked at it.
there seems to be only the dial on top, but i am unsure what it would move.
perhaps someone here will eventually let us know?
on the eye piece there is a screw as per photos below not sure if this is for something?
regards
douglas
Attachments
telescope.jpg
tele3.jpg
tele.jpg
ovenpaa

#6 Post by ovenpaa »

The windage should be on the mount itself at the rear, the rifle would be zeroed and then the shooter would usually aim off (Unlike the British No32 Mkx which incorporated both elevation and windage)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Rifleman798

#7 Post by Rifleman798 »

Im all sorted with one David :D Cheers Mate. Zeroed me scope in on Sunday using the mount left and Right adjustment. A bit different to what im used too but interesting.

James
douglas670

#8 Post by douglas670 »

Hi all
he has lowered the price to £99 which includes postage
cheers
douglas
dirtbag

#9 Post by dirtbag »

Rifleman798 wrote:Im all sorted with one David :D Cheers Mate. Zeroed me scope in on Sunday using the mount left and Right adjustment. A bit different to what im used too but interesting.

James

Hi mate, what scope did you get in the end ?
dirtbag

#10 Post by dirtbag »

ovenpaa wrote:The windage should be on the mount itself at the rear, the rifle would be zeroed and then the shooter would usually aim off (Unlike the British No32 Mkx which incorporated both elevation and windage)
Looks in good nick, and it's steel which is important

Yep D the windage is on the mount depending on what mount though. The Long Side rail is two screws or nuts either side. Loosen one and tighten the other. To move the mount to the left loosen the left and tighten the right, and vise versa.

Same as on my Low turret mount, except it is the other way round because the scope is middle mounted and rotates. So to move to left you loosen the right and tighten the left... or with a Russain PEM / PE /PE you just turn the turret !