Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
inderrajsingh

Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

#1 Post by inderrajsingh »

Hi all,

After a genuine Acog Sight by Trijicon or a red dot by EOTech if anyone has any.

Many thanks
nickb834

Re: Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

#2 Post by nickb834 »

Have a look on eBay - Beechwood sports has ACOG's.

Make sure you're getting a genuine EOTech - there are sooo many fakes out there (Hint - they're only ever Red, and they're not dots but rather Holographs).

Be mindful of the EOTech and zero drift based on temperature - look it up on the 'net, but bear in mind the temp extremes and compare the MOA drift to the likely temp range you'll be shooting in.

Which models of ACOG / EOTech are you interested in?

I've just bought one of each a TA31 with #19 Arms mount 2nd hand from eBay and then a new 558 from VXTactical.

Out of the pair - the ACOG is my clear favourite.

I'm after an Elcan Spectre DR next - the 1.5-6x throw lever variant but that's a chunk of change for sure!
SevenSixTwo

#3 Post by SevenSixTwo »

I have an Eotech 512 I might consider selling?...
breacher

#4 Post by breacher »

Running a TA11 Acog on my Bradley Arms .22 - overkill I know but it looks so right and works a treat !!
froggy

#5 Post by froggy »

Did I get that right ? You put an ACOG on a 22Lr ?
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

Keep it real old skool....rock a SinglePoint

Added kudos if ya can hit a barn door using one.
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#7 Post by Nelly2014 »

Eotech for me on my M&P15-22 with a vortex magnifier on flip to side. Uses AA batteries and fit and forget technology lol.
Bushnell do a much cheaper copy of the Eotech which is identical and has laser dots as opposed to the cheap copies that use a led.

And I've got a Singlepoint which I'm keeping as an antique(?) never fitted.
inderrajsingh

#8 Post by inderrajsingh »

SevenSixTwo wrote:I have an Eotech 512 I might consider selling?...
Any ideas on what you want for it mate?
inderrajsingh

#9 Post by inderrajsingh »

nickb834 wrote:Have a look on eBay - Beechwood sports has ACOG's.

Make sure you're getting a genuine EOTech - there are sooo many fakes out there (Hint - they're only ever Red, and they're not dots but rather Holographs).

Be mindful of the EOTech and zero drift based on temperature - look it up on the 'net, but bear in mind the temp extremes and compare the MOA drift to the likely temp range you'll be shooting in.

Which models of ACOG / EOTech are you interested in?

I've just bought one of each a TA31 with #19 Arms mount 2nd hand from eBay and then a new 558 from VXTactical.

Out of the pair - the ACOG is my clear favourite.

I'm after an Elcan Spectre DR next - the 1.5-6x throw lever variant but that's a chunk of change for sure!
Thanks for the heads up mate. I will primarily be using it to replace the SUSAT on the sa80's were issued, as i dont really like them, however will be using it on my own Rifles too
nickb834

#10 Post by nickb834 »

inderrajsingh wrote: Thanks for the heads up mate. I will primarily be using it to replace the SUSAT on the sa80's were issued, as i dont really like them, however will be using it on my own Rifles too
Are you UK military? Regular / Reserve? "When I was in" (c)(tm) you'd get an absolute hiding making changes like that to a weapon (pedants note: this is service rifles were talking about).

I wouldn't swap - you're in for a world of pain if you do. Stick with what you're issued when it concerns firearms. Be mindful of the fact that there's 0x magnification and you're SUSAT is 4x. Equally your SUSAT is tritium illuminated for low light - your EOTech is not.