ELCAN Specter 1-4X DR Optical Sight For Sale

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
JSC
Home club or Range: NRA

ELCAN Specter 1-4X DR Optical Sight For Sale

#1 Post by JSC »

Elcan SpecterDR Dual Role Sight.
Switchable 1x & 4x magnification
Outstanding optics & field of view
5.56 NATO calibrated BDC reticle
Dual red dot/reticle illumination
Built in quick release mount for Picatinny attachment

Full details here: http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/pr ... alrole_ws/

Used a couple of times, so mint condition

£1250 delivered or pick up from Bisley.
Maggot

Re: ELCAN Specter 1-4X DR Optical Sight For Sale

#2 Post by Maggot »

If I had the cash I would have this as as a spare.

Anyone considering this, dont be put off by the price (this is a good price) or the ballistic ret.

The Canadians use a tactic called (IIRC, Hutch did tell me) "Shooting through the gate" meaning they may put a click or 2 on or off to get the POI/POA to coincide 100%.

This negates the issues with shooting anything other than SS109 ammo at anything other than metres.

Mine is usually pretty well on +/- 1 click with 77gr SMKs for CSR. The only issue I might admit to is sometimes finding the other stadia (other than the 100 dot) can take a fraction longer than the dot, but the illuminated dot is superb.

Another tactic I am told can be done is to dial each elevation and ignore the ballistic ret, I might try this out as it means in a CSR match, in a hurry, you only ever aim dead on (but then have to remember to wind it on). They have no elevation markings but a blob of paint is easy to apply.

A few weeks back I had the misfortune to pick up a SUSAT which is utterly crap by comparison. Mine is an exe trails model, but everyone who has a look always says how clear and bright it is. They are beautifully built.

I was doing perfectly well at F class targets....the only problem being at 600 it blots out the white spot :o

Another advantage is the speed of the thing. If you shoot both eyes open (or not in some cases) you can easily watch the range flags etc while on aim waiting for the target to appear :good: No need whatsoever for holo sights etc.

Just dont forget to switch it to 4x as those Fig12s look ruddy tiny at 400 on 1x :oops:

Why are you selling it?
HALODIN

#3 Post by HALODIN »

Nice scope, I'd like one at some point.
JSC

#4 Post by JSC »

Maggot wrote:
Why are you selling it?
To be honest, I've just spent way too much money on optical sights in the last year and I need some money back on the ones sitting there doing nothing!

It is a lovely bit of kit but I don't want it as an ornament!
AR15

#5 Post by AR15 »

Box looks like the ATI version, do you have little circles for hold over or traditional lines on the ret? Circles is def ATI.
JSC

#6 Post by JSC »

This is the ret:
Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

That's the later one than mine.

Either way I hope you sell it, they are a superb bit of kit. Built like a tank. Ideally suited to an AR if you get on with it. Mines a keeper.
AR15

#8 Post by AR15 »

Its not later than the standard cross hair holdover version its just a different ATI reticle with circles.
Its actually harder to get this version and the ATI optic as made by Elcan is more expensive too. So its a good price :)
JSC

#9 Post by JSC »

At this rate, you lot are going to be expecting commission when I sell it! 8-)

Maybe you could help me shift the Trijicon scope I'm also selling... cheers
SevenSixTwo

#10 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Would swap in a heartbeat for my TA-31F ACOG.

Yeah, I know. #longshot lol