Accuracy International AT

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Accuracy International AT

#1 Post by Geek »

A bit of a long shot I know.

I am looking for a secondhand AI AT, folding stock; round count is not important since the intention is to convert it to 6.5 Creedmoor - any????
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: Accuracy International AT

#2 Post by pe4king »

My boss may be looking at selling his, not sure how serious he really is, if he does out it it will be as a package rifle scope ( nightforce 8-32x56), mod drag Bag etc, it has probably fired less than 500 rds about 50 by him
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by Geek »

pe4king wrote:My boss may be looking at selling his, not sure how serious he really is, if he does out it it will be as a package rifle scope ( nightforce 8-32x56), mod drag Bag etc, it has probably fired less than 500 rds about 50 by him
Thanks, however I wouldn't want the scope or possibly even the mod.

Also please PM me cost.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
The Gun Pimp

#4 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Geek - thought about a switch barrel?

Very quick and easy to swap - will cost you about £650 for barrel plus another £100 for barrel vice and action wrench.

If you do eventually see a complete rifle at a good price - buy it and put the barrel on it.

Simples!
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by WelshShooter »

The Gun Pimp wrote:Geek - thought about a switch barrel?

Very quick and easy to swap - will cost you about £650 for barrel plus another £100 for barrel vice and action wrench.

If you do eventually see a complete rifle at a good price - buy it and put the barrel on it.

Simples!
Will probably want to add the cost of headspace gauge(s) to that. I'm not familiar with the AI barrel swap feature, so please feel free to point out if these aren't needed.
The Gun Pimp

#6 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Geek - you won't need to buy gauges. But even if you did they are very cheap.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by Geek »

The Gun Pimp wrote:Geek - you won't need to buy gauges. But even if you did they are very cheap.
Thanks, however I would like two rifles so that Shaun and I can shoot together, we both enjoy McQueens (in fact our favourite competition); also you wouldn't let him score in the egg shoot!
Regards,

Geek

The Gun Pimp

#8 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Geek wrote:
The Gun Pimp wrote:Geek - you won't need to buy gauges. But even if you did they are very cheap.
Thanks, however I would like two rifles so that Shaun and I can shoot together, we both enjoy McQueens (in fact our favourite competition); also you wouldn't let him score in the egg shoot!
The only rule in the Egg Shoot comp is 'no sharing rifles' - this is because it's a 'no-sighter' comp. Borrow a rifle that someone's already shot and it's sighted in!
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#9 Post by Geek »

The Gun Pimp wrote:
Geek wrote:
The only rule in the Egg Shoot comp is 'no sharing rifles' - this is because it's a 'no-sighter' comp. Borrow a rifle that someone's already shot and it's sighted in!

I did understand about the egg shoot rules, but you can never have too many rifles (just one more!!).
Regards,

Geek

The Gun Pimp

#10 Post by The Gun Pimp »

You're right - a man can never have too many rifles......