Xring services

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Joe Pugh
Home club or Range: Merthyr Clay shooting, Work at South Wales 2000 Clay ground

Xring services

#1 Post by Joe Pugh »

Hi all I will be placing an order with Martin at xring services in the states this weekend. With shipping beeing so crazy I'm looking to get my money's worth.

If anyone would like to order any of the below and add it to my order your more than welcome too.
I would take payment through PayPal before the order (I don't want to be ordering stuff and then beeing left with it) and I won't be doing it through friends and family through PayPal as I'm not keen on beeing asked for that myself. if I get your order through you would also need to pay for me to ship it to you in the UK or meet in person.
I'm from south Wales.

Below is a list of what he sells

Unprimed Cases (Large Pistol Primer Pockets)
.43 Beaumont
.43 Egyptian
.450 No.1 Musket
.450 No.2 Musket
.577/.450 Martini-Henry
.577 Snider

The first four calibres are made from CBC 32g brass & sell for US$49.50 for twenty-five cases, whilst the last two are formed from CBC 24g & are US$52.50 for twenty-five.

Bullet Moulds (Single Cavity Aluminium Blocks)
#45-505XR .577/.450 smooth-sided .458" dia 505gn bullet, paper patches to .468"-.472" diameter.
#47-475XR .577/.450 grease grooved .470" diameter 475gn bullet, for use as-cast or sized.
#60-530XR .577 Snider grease grooved .600" dia 530gn bullet, designed for use in fireformed CBC brass (no sizing required).

Moulds are US$89.50 each, & will accept either Lee 'Commercial' or RCBS handles. If required, I can supply the LEE handles for an additional US$20. Although an aluminium mold do not confuse these with LEE moulds, the ones we supply are much sturdier, have a nice heavy iron sprue plate, & are of excellent quality.

Reloading Die Set (7/8"x14)
Made to our specifications, these die sets comprise of a Neck Sizing, Expanding/Flaring, & Seating Die, along with a shellholder & instructions. Designed for use in a standard 7/8"x14 press, so need to purchase a dedicated press for reloading the .577/.450 cartridge, as is required when using the the larger bodied LEE, RCBS, & CH-4D dies. As these dies are designed to only resize the neck of the fired cases this greatly increases the lifespan of the brass, as the brass isn't being overworked (by Full Length Resizing) with each loading which results in brass fatigue & eventual failure. If you only reload for one .577/.450 rifle (or keep a separate batch of cases for each one) this is the only die set you will need.

Price is US$169.50

Drop me a message if your interested.

Thanks Joe
Miroku MK38 12G
Browning Maxus 12G
Ruger 10/22 .22
Marlin 1894 .44
Savage model 24 .22/.410
Lee Enfield SMLE 1918 .303
Mauser Gew 98 1916 7.92x57
Springfield 1903 1928 30-06
Mosin Nagant 91/30 1929 7.62x54R
Lost count now
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Xring services

#2 Post by dromia »

X=ring provide good stuff.

Their moulds are made by Tom at Accurate and are available from his catalogue at over $10US cheaper, along with many other fine Martini and Snider designs, also if you order direct from Tom what you can do is specify the bullets dimensions in relation to the alloy you will be using at no extra cost.

Just something to bear in mind if you are looking for these good quality moulds

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

I'd double check that the brass cases are ok to export from the USA.

Shotgun items ARE named as exempt under ITAR, but such cases, modified into rifle brass may well come back under the restricted category.
Just hate to see you lose a lot of cash if the cases are seized, or there are further ramifications of a federal charges nature!
Joe Pugh

#4 Post by Joe Pugh »

saddler wrote:I'd double check that the brass cases are ok to export from the USA.

Shotgun items ARE named as exempt under ITAR, but such cases, modified into rifle brass may well come back under the restricted category.
Just hate to see you lose a lot of cash if the cases are seized, or there are further ramifications of a federal charges nature!
Thanks for the tip saddler.

But I did bring 250 5.56 cases back with me from the states in August when they searched my case they just looked and smiled haha.
I should be ok

However I will say if the cases are confiscated no refunds.

:)
Miroku MK38 12G
Browning Maxus 12G
Ruger 10/22 .22
Marlin 1894 .44
Savage model 24 .22/.410
Lost count now
phaedra1106

#5 Post by phaedra1106 »

Brass cases are definitely covered by ITAR (except those for shotgun reloading) you will need to obtain an export license before any US seller will export them.

Getting through the airport with cases is a different case (no pun intended), the TSA mainly check for items that are Hazmat problems or obviously illegal, brass cases are way down on their radar. However, if they had decided to ask for your export license you may have faced a ban from returning or worse.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Joe Pugh

#6 Post by Joe Pugh »

Just asked Martin at xring for his advice. This is what he come back with

Joe,

I have quite a number of customers in the UK, & have a couple of orders in progress at the moment. The US, through ITAR regulations, prohibits the commercial export of rifle & handgun brass but exempts shotgun ammo & components, & my cases are made from 24g & 32g shotshell brass so are good to go

I am going to be placing a order with him by the end of the weekend. :)
Miroku MK38 12G
Browning Maxus 12G
Ruger 10/22 .22
Marlin 1894 .44
Savage model 24 .22/.410
Lost count now