Wanted: .38 / .357 Underlever rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Kungfugerbil

Wanted: .38 / .357 Underlever rifle

#1 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Evening all,

I’m looking to buy a second hand .38 / .357 underlever. It’s to be used primarily for timed and precision 25yd target shooting with occasional forays into outdoor/practical comps.

I’m completely open to brand, action, barrel length, finish etc - all I ask is that it has reasonable open sights and ideally the ability to fit a peep sight (tang, rail or otherwise). Cosmetic condition is not important - I don’t mind a few dings and scuffs.

It would ideally be sensibly priced and either close to North East England / Yorkshire or RFDable.

I’m also looking for a .308 / 7.62x51 Target Rifle - see other post. Anyone with both gets a chocolate orange thrown in :D

Many thanks,
Mike
markyw

Re: Wanted: .38 / .357 Underlever rifle

#2 Post by markyw »

Reigate Gunmakers have a pair of Marlin 1894s in .357 Mag on the wall. I think both are JM stamped barrels, with one being late 90s and the other early 2000s dated I think. Both around £950.

I have one myself and love shooting it.

Regards

Mark
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#3 Post by the running man »

Stockade products has a nice one...
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

Christel has one (Marlin) she was talking of getting rid of, it might be worth sending her a PM :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Kungfugerbil

#5 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Once again, many thanks for your assistance. I’m reasonably sure I’m coming to an agreement on a rifle - much obliged for the pointers!

Cheers
Mike
greenshoots

#6 Post by greenshoots »

nice rossi just been put on stalking direcory

greenshoots