Pigeon shooting.

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Dorset_shooter

Pigeon shooting.

#1 Post by Dorset_shooter »

This could be in the wrong area so I might need it moved, I’m looking for pigeon shooting.

Happy to travel (100 miles max south Dorset )& pay for good active shooting. Can’t find much on guns on pegs.

Cheers
Gh0st

Re: Pigeon shooting.

#2 Post by Gh0st »

Have you tried the Pigeon Watch forums......
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Have you checked with the local land owners? I would have thought any farmer with a field or two of Rape would be very keen to see someone knocking down the local Pigeon population. I have a local permission of around 700 acres where I can roost and hide shoot and it was the farm manager who approached me and said please, please, please get rid of as many as you can and come the second of February I will be there with the dog standing patiently in the woods waiting for dusk.

Of course the added bonus is I can eat all I can shoot :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dorset_shooter

#4 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Ovenpaa wrote:Have you checked with the local land owners? I would have thought any farmer with a field or two of Rape would be very keen to see someone knocking down the local Pigeon population. I have a local permission of around 700 acres where I can roost and hide shoot and it was the farm manager who approached me and said please, please, please get rid of as many as you can and come the second of February I will be there with the dog standing patiently in the woods waiting for dusk.

Of course the added bonus is I can eat all I can shoot :)

Yes, is the short answer. Having our own farm i already have land to shoot over, but around us it’s all beef/dairy/sheep. So the small bits of arable locally are well and truly accounted for.

Like I said I’m happy to travel a bit , Hampshire way perhaps towards more arable land.
Dorset_shooter

#5 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Gh0st wrote:Have you tried the Pigeon Watch forums......
Yes, I keep an eye out . Lots up north but nothing local ish