Ajack 2.5 x 70 scope

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
datalore

Ajack 2.5 x 70 scope

#1 Post by datalore »

Up for sale my German Ajack scope, 2.5 x 70. Its in really nice condition, not worn to buggery like most. Post reticule, lovely optics and well looked after. Belonged to my dad but not my cup of tea.

If anyone on here wants it £200 plus insured delivery £12 uk mainland, or collection from near Colchester.

Photos show the details,

Thanks and regards.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Ajack 2.5 x 70 scope

#2 Post by dromia »

Have you got the adjustable rings and mounts to go with it, as I assume there is only elevation adjust on the scope??

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
datalore

#3 Post by datalore »

The adjustable Hilver mounts the scope was used with - see photo, are included in case you need them.

Rgds
datalore

#4 Post by datalore »

Mounts sold separately so scope now at 150 plus delivery.

Rgds
breacher

#5 Post by breacher »

Steel or aluminium tube ?

Tube diamater ?
Chapuis

#6 Post by Chapuis »

A bit confused by the description 2.5x70.
I assume that it is 2.5 magnification but the second figure given to describe a scope is usually the objective lens size in millimetres. Surely that's not 70mm or do you have very big hands.
breacher

#7 Post by breacher »

Chapuis wrote:A bit confused by the description 2.5x70.
I assume that it is 2.5 magnification but the second figure given to describe a scope is usually the objective lens size in millimetres. Surely that's not 70mm or do you have very big hands.
On older German scopes the 70 relates to light transmission and not objective size.
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Its not a lot of use without the mounts.
Chapuis

#9 Post by Chapuis »

breacher wrote:
Chapuis wrote:A bit confused by the description 2.5x70.
On older German scopes the 70 relates to light transmission and not objective size.
Thanks breacher, I've never come across that previously. You learn something new every day.
datalore

#10 Post by datalore »

Any adjustable mounts will do, and its steel tubed, 26mm.

The gold standard mounts for these post war versions were Parker Hale adjustable roll off's, clearing out dads things i have found a new boxed pair that fit. Don't know what the PH's are worth, but the old Hilver's s a guy on here gave me 100 quid for them right out of the blue.

TTFN