Saiga .22 Rifle - 1 of only 3 in the UK

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Swifty Boy

Saiga .22 Rifle - 1 of only 3 in the UK

#1 Post by Swifty Boy »

As per title, I have decided to sell my extremely rare Saiga .22 semi auto rifle. This is one of three rifles that Oleg at Rusmilitary brought into the country as samples, intending to order more. However since then the trade embargo came into effect and I think Kalashnikov Concern have stopped manufacturing these rifles, hence no more are ever likely to come to the UK.

The rifle is in great condition and feeds reliably with HV ammo and shoots accurately. I have installed a different recoil spring and spacer to enable the rifle to run reliably on Minimag but the original is also included. The rifle originally came with a ten round magazine in a 7.62x39 Bakelite shell, however who the hell only wants ten rounds in an AK? Spares are non-existent, therefore I had to make some more using CZ 452 magazines modified and inserted into original AK mags.

Included with the rifle are:
1 x 10rd mag (Tula Bakelite mag shell)
2 x 18rd mags (Izhmash Bakelite mag shells)
1 x 18rd mag (steel mag shell) - this one was a bit of an experiment with a 25rd CZ mag, it feeds ok with the occasional issue
1 x 10rd mag (Tula plum AK74 mag shell)

Other than the one issue mentioned above, I have tested the mags extensively and they work very reliably in the rifle. I will include a Bakelite AKM bayonet (not pictured) if the buyer wants it.

Given the rarity of this rifle and the inclusion of the custom magazines (which cost a lot in parts to make), the price is £1,400. I am prepared to listen to very close offers from a genuine buyer but understand that this is an extremely rare rifle and probably the only chance you will have to acquire a genuine .22 AK (not a Jager or a Beryl).

I’m not interested in trades thanks. The rifle is based in Oxon OX7 if you want to view it.
Attachments
4788F13D-F5FC-4690-BCC1-402702FE1DBA.jpeg
273DA7AE-18F9-4269-B6EA-8F884607CFEA.jpeg
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Saiga .22 Rifle - 1 of only 3 in the UK

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

If I had the Rubles spare I would be on this like a tramp on chips!......this is a very rare rifle and as Swifty said it was built at the legendary Izhmash plant in Izhevsk.

Good luck with the sale Comrade ussrflag
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Now I am not an AK fan in anyway, but honestly, I reckon I would add this to my cabinet in a flash if my bias was not so stoic!

And considering how much money those crap Daragonovs go for, this is clearly a steal! Good luck!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Swifty Boy

#4 Post by Swifty Boy »

Thank you. I never thought I would sell this rifle but I am shooting less and less these days so needs must.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

Sim G wrote:
crap Daragonovs
:squirrel:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Swifty Boy

#6 Post by Swifty Boy »

Sold.