CZ 452/455 Single Shot adapters

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
safetyfirst

#1 Post by safetyfirst »

Been making a few of these for friends and thought I’d offer them here.

Pop one in and you can drop individual rounds onto the breech and just close the bolt, much easier for target shooting than taking the mag out each time.

£5 posted to cover costs.

PM to order.

safetyfirst

Re: CZ 452/455 Single Shot adapters

#2 Post by safetyfirst »

Had quite a few of these requested, anyone else want one whilst the printer is hot to go?
dta europe

#3 Post by dta europe »

Any idea if this would fit a hall repeater action?

Ewen
safetyfirst

#4 Post by safetyfirst »

Will it accept normal CZ mags?
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by WelshShooter »

If your offer still stands I'll be happy to buy one!
safetyfirst

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

Sure, it’ll stand as long as I have a printer, some plastic to feed it and warm blood in my veins.

Pm me.
Ballistol

#7 Post by Ballistol »

Chris,
For some reason, I can’t PM you. Can you please PM me your email address.
safetyfirst

#8 Post by safetyfirst »

Please Note: Some people have found the adapters do not engage positively with the mag release on their fiels, there appears to be some small variances in fit, even between identical models. They fit perfectly in a 20 year old 452 and a brand new 455 fluted laminate, but need trimming in a 455 varmint and a 452 american.

If you find it can slip out of the magwell, take a file or sandpaper and square off the shelf where the magazine catch enagges the adapter.

Thanks to Ballistol for finding this out, fixing it and showing us all how!
Attachments
Image-12.jpg
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#9 Post by WelshShooter »

Hi buddy, received my mags today, thanks very much for the fast shipping!!

I gave them a quick try in my 1990 ish CZ 452 ZKM and found the mag fit about 95% good. I too found that the magazine catch needs some adjustment to engage properly, it catches the magazine but probably has 90% engagement. Also, when the magazine is locked in place I cannot push the bolt forward as the feed lips are a wee bit too high. I compared it side by side to my original 5 round metal magazine and noticed the feed lips are higher on the 3D printed version. When I back the magazine out slightly (using the mag well retention to hold the magazine rather than the catch) the bolt closes fine.

I'll try the mag out on Monday night not fully seated just to make sure that the bolt operates smoothly and feeds fine, then when I have time I'll see about modifying the magazine to function correctly using some files. I'll be sure to make some measurements of the adjustments I've made and to pass it onto you if you so wish. I don't want this to come across as a derogatory comment, I'm really impressed that the magazine fits as well as it does! It looks like it was aesthetically based on the 10 round magazine but small enough to be flush with the bottom of the magazine well.

Do you have a PDF copy of the CAD file (with dimensions) so that I can compare my measurements against? I cannot edit a CAD drawing using my personal computer but I'll at least be able to annotate it with my measurements post modification.
safetyfirst

#10 Post by safetyfirst »

Hi there. Thanks for the feedback, it’s not my design this, I’m just printing them though it looks like a remix is in order to tweak it a little.

There seems quite a lot of variance in these rifles!

I’m a bit afraid of trimming much off the top, people can do this themselves but you don’t want to lower it too much, let me know how much you take off, I’ll try it and see if it still fits my rifle.

Thanks again.