Boyds At One stock

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
jack1

Boyds At One stock

#1 Post by jack1 »

Does anybody know how I can obtain a Boyd's At -One stock for a Ruger 10:22 without paying the very high price of a UK dealer. Edgar Bros are the importer but don't. Sportsman's Gun wont have any until next year if at all and another dealer is selling them at well over £300 or $400 twice the original price
Thanks bangbang
MistAgain

Re: Boyds At One stock

#2 Post by MistAgain »

jack1 wrote:Does anybody know how I can obtain a Boyd's At -One stock for a Ruger 10:22 without paying the very high price of a UK dealer. Edgar Bros are the importer but don't. Sportsman's Gun wont have any until next year if at all and another dealer is selling them at well over £300 or $400 twice the original price
Thanks bangbang
These stocks are covered by ITAR regulations . They need a specific export licence .
That adds to the costs .

Shipping , would you really trust USPS and Parcelforce to get it here in one piece , or pay the high FedEX or UPS charges ? .

Then you would have to pay Import Duty , VAT and handling charges .

If you pay the USA supplier with your credit card you get hit with 2.5-3.00% charges .

Al the above assumes that you can find a dealer in USA that has an export licence with you as the named importer .

All in all the current UK pricing is not a very high price .
jack1

Re: Boyds At One stock

#3 Post by jack1 »

Thanks for that. I have over the years on many occasions bought shooting related products from across the 'pond'. in this case there seems that the relevant and possible UK suppliers either don't want to be bothered or are happy to make us pay an inflated price. I have found a second line US retailer who will supply but with the UK Government as always adding to the cost the advantage is £40 saving. And the purchase is within the US export rules which are very nebulous and open to interpretation
Jack. bangbang