L98 rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Andy

L98 rifle

#1 Post by Andy »

Hi guys and girls. I know its a long shot but if you don't ask you don't get.
I know there are a couple of members here who have these and may want to sell or know where I may acquire one.

Many thanks
Andy
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

Re: L98 rifle

#2 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Hi Andy,

Good luck with your quest. For the avoidance of doubt I'm holding on to mine for now.

I haven't seen one for sale myself since 2016, they are a quite rare thing as I'm sure you know. For what it's worth, my M4 carbine is far more ergonomic to use but there's just something about the Enfield that takes me back to being a teenager again.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Andy

#3 Post by Andy »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:Hi Andy,

Good luck with your quest. For the avoidance of doubt I'm holding on to mine for now.

I haven't seen one for sale myself since 2016, they are a quite rare thing as I'm sure you know. For what it's worth, my M4 carbine is far more ergonomic to use but there's just something about the Enfield that takes me back to being a teenager again.
Hi thanks for responding.
Ever since using one when I was an army cadet I loved them. More so the L85 but knowing that some L98s were sold to civilians got me thinking that's awesome and I want one. I didn't realize until this morning that any had made it onto the civilian market. I knew a few repetition only L85s were sold but I know we can't have those. Then I thought to myself L98 and did some research.
I can't believe no one has produced a 22 version and sold it to civies like all the ar15s that are about.i remember h+k did a 22 conversion for Sa80s as I used one of those also.
Anyway, I hope I can get one but not holding my breath.

Thanks
Andy .
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#4 Post by Pippin89 »

I shot these as an Air Cadet as well as the L85. I had no idea they were sold to civvies. Good luck with your quest. Maybe one day I will have to look for one too!
honda chris
Home club or Range: chalfont

#5 Post by honda chris »

Do you mean the cadet GP?
It used to confuse me in cadets, I could shoot a straight pull cadet GP, an sa80 semi auto with the .22lr conversion but not a standard sa80 due to the the rate of fire but I could shoot an lsw!
Last edited by honda chris on Tue May 05, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.