Sec 58 items for sale.

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Sec 58 items for sale.

#1 Post by mag41uk »

Time to move on all I have. Prefer face to face as I would like them examined.
Selling these pretty much what I paid for them so not really open to offers.
Will add photos in due course.

1. A SCARCE 10.4mm (VETTERLI) SINGLE-SHOT RIFLE MODEL 'VETTERLI PATENT' no visible serial number circa 1868 with octagonal to round 33 1/2in. barrel 'in the white' the top-flat signed 'J.U. BANZIGER ST CALLEN' ramped dove-tailed fore-sight elevating rear-sight on a tangent scale.Cylindrical receiver with turned down bolt-handle the housing signed 'IOHS LENDERMANN IN GRUB' walnut three-quarter stock with heavily curved iron heel-plate finger-spurred trigger-guard bow large iron nose-cap and iron clearing rod the side of muzzle fitted with a bayonet bar. Set trigger fitted and it is seriously light! Would have been custom built for precision match rifle events. This is a single shot rimfire rifle. There is rifling but shows pitting along its length. £400
2. Martini Henry MK4
Standard issue service rifle and dated 1887 in 577/450. Various stamps and proof marks around the knoxform. Definitely not the prettiest but it does have a very good bore and strong rifling. I would say it’s probably had way more handling than being fired. It locks up tight and does have quite a heavy trigger. “Character” I believe! I have had this on fac and doubt I fired more than 150 rounds through it. The rifle will come with an MTM box containing 50 3 x fired cases. 50 cases would cost you over £300 to buy! £750.
3. Schmidt Rubin 1889 in 7.5 x 53.5. It’s been refinished at some point. Has an excellent bore. It has an original sling and muzzle protector. It features the 12 round magazine. And the most unique accessory is the matching serial number bayonet. Would make a good fac shooter. It is in excellent condition. £850.
4. Snider Cavalry Carbine MK11 Dated 1859 Enfield.
Various marks. Stamped on stock NSW and PSCC. PSCC is Public School Cadet Corps - been around since 1866. This is a MK11 as the later MK111 has a butt trap for cleaning rod. This particular carbine was used as a prop at Pinewood Studios! It has obviously been refinished and the foresight I think replaced. The bore is immaculate. Obsolete calibre .577 snider. Will include around 23 cases. £700
5. Swiss Vetterli 1878 service rifle. 10.4 x 38R
This is a tube fed bolt action rifle. It would have used a rimfire cartridge and it is nominally a 44 calibre. This rifle is all original, in excellent condition and has an immaculate bore. This has been converted to centre fire at some point. £700
6. Swedish Rolling Block Cavalry Carbine Model 1870
Dated 1877 this is quite a rare centre fire carbine. Made by Husqvarna. It was issued to cavalry units. This is centre fire and I believe it would have been late production as the calibre then changed to 8mm. There isn’t much information around about these. It is in 12.7 x 44R which is 50 cal. It has an excellent bore and rifling. Excellent mainspring but very heavy trigger pull! I will include about 20 cases for it. £900
7. One and a half Rolling Blocks!
Two service rolling blocks in 43 Egyptian. One is complete. The other is missing the hammer/trigger/rear sight/rolling block. Both have very shiny bores and so so rifling. The complete rifle has half decent rifling along its length the other one just about worn out tbh. The action seems to work and lock up well on the complete one. £300 the pair.
8. A 2 pounder cannon.
Allegedly British circa 18th century – seller told me this when I got it. Bore is approx inch and three quarters.
Its about 30 inches long and is heavy. I planned on building a carriage for it but haven’t got the enthusiasm.
£1150
ovenpaa

Re: Sec 58 items for sale.

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

I am interested in the 43 Egyptians, any chance of some pictures please?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
mag41uk

#3 Post by mag41uk »

Ovenpaa wrote:I am interested in the 43 Egyptians, any chance of some pictures please?
Attachments
two rolling blocks cropped 3.jpg
two rolling blocks cropped 2.jpg
two rolling blocks cropped.jpg
mag41uk

#4 Post by mag41uk »

Top MH
Middle Snider
Bottom 1878 Vetterli
Attachments
mh 1 cropped.jpg
snider 3 cropped.jpg
vetterli 1 crop 1.jpg
mag41uk

#5 Post by mag41uk »

The MH and Snider provisionally sold.
mag41uk

#6 Post by mag41uk »

The MH, Snider and 1.5 Rolling Blocks have now gone.
greenshoots

#7 Post by greenshoots »

Swedish Rolling Block Cavalry Carbine Model 1870

could i see pics of the above and whats the bore like

greenshoots
mag41uk

#8 Post by mag41uk »

greenshoots wrote:Swedish Rolling Block Cavalry Carbine Model 1870

could i see pics of the above and whats the bore like

greenshoots
As per advert " It has an excellent bore and rifling. "
A few pictures - sadly not too great.
It looks mismatched in the full length shot - just the lighting!
Attachments
rb 2 crop.jpg
rb 4 crop.jpg
rb 5 crop.jpg