Kahles ZF95 ballistic cams.

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Alpha1

Kahles ZF95 ballistic cams.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

A long shot I know but does any one have a set or know were I can get a set of ballistic turret cams for a Kahles ZF95 scope. Or know any one who can refurbish the existing ones. I have emailed kahles and I am waiting on a reply. Or is any one interested in swapping a 6.5x55 cam for a good .308 distance cam 0 to 800 yards.

The scope I have is calibrated for .308 168grain bullet.
I have a couple of these models of scopes. I have ZF84 and ZF95,s. I am trying to get this one to work on a Steyr SSG 69. I also have the original quick release rings. It would be nice to get this rifle back to its original set up. I also have a SSG 69 fitted with a ZF84 and that works great. Its mostly used as a training rifle for probationers.
ovenpaa

Re: Kahles ZF95 ballistic cams.

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

I make my own. As an alternative, take a skim cut off the drum you no longer need to remove the markings, then 'paint' it with black marker pen. Get out and shoot it with your preferred load at whatever distances and very lightly scratch a mark on the drum. Repeat for as many distances as possible. Now back to home and count the clicks between each graduation. Use a good ballistic calculator, I always use JBM as it is on-line, free and I can import into Excel. Mark off the remaining increments, back into the lathe and use a sharp cutter on the cross slide with the machine turned off to mark proper graduations. Clean it with acetone and finish as desired.

#distantlearning
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

I have received a reply from kahles they are going to check in there store to see if they still have any spares.
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

No joy from Kahles looks like I will have to put the distance learning into use. Or may be I can fix the existing cam I will dismantle it and see whats needed doing to it.

In the mean time if any one comes up with a spare cam I would be interested.
M41B

#5 Post by M41B »

Have you tried Paul Burke in Birmingham? He’s fixed and serviced several of my scopes for very reasonable prices with a quick turn around
Mat
I enjoy my shooting but usually get a better group with the empty cases !!!!
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

I have given up on this scope I sold it for £80 for spares.