Swedish Mauser

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Swedish Mauser

#1 Post by Sim G »

Sticking this up here to help a mate out....

He has for sale a Carl Gustav, 1909 made, M/96 Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55. A lovely and very accurate military rifle, in very nice condition with a fantastic bore. Mark doesn't have rubbish and I can vouch for the man's integrity.

I'm waiting for pics to come through, so will post them later.

He's looking for only £350. Included in the price is shipping to your RFD as well!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

Re: Swedish Mauser

#2 Post by Sim G »

He's sent me one pic through...... I'll try and get some more from him!

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Got a load more, around 10, photographs via email. To save band width and the like, if anyone wants them, PM me your email address and I'll ping them to you.

It's a shame as he's tried hard with the pictures, but they could be better!! Ironic when you consider he's a Radiographer by profession!!! LOL!

Dougan

#4 Post by Dougan »

If it is possible to fit a scope to it, at a later date, then...yes please, I'll have it :good:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

The SK LER mounts aren't bad for the M96 if a tad high for my taste.

No gunsmithing though which is what you want for a classic rifle.

http://www.scopemounts.com/index.html?main.html

You will need an LER scope of course.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Dougan

#6 Post by Dougan »

Thanks for the link Dromia :)

I was thinking more on the lines of a conventional scope, but of the correct time period - I don't mind a bit of 'gunsmithing' - or would that be a crime?

I've got to go out for a while (club GR comp)...but will be back later....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

Dougan wrote:Thanks for the link Dromia :)

I was thinking more on the lines of a conventional scope, but of the correct time period - I don't mind a bit of 'gunsmithing' - or would that be a crime?
Not legally, but I'd chop your guilty hands off next time I see you if you butchered one. :evil:

Rifles like these are never going to be made again, they are part of our shooting history, once you drill, tap, chop and alter them they are irrevocably changed from what they were.

We do not own these pieces of history we just hold them in trust for those that come after us and that is a responsibilty I feel we should honour.

Just my take on it. :D

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
ovenpaa

#8 Post by ovenpaa »

Wise words. I met a chap last year who is the keeper of an original WW1 G98 sniper with offset 'scope. He considers himself to be the custodian of the rifle to shoot and cherish until it is time to pass it to the next person. I feel the same way about my 4(T) and the Krag.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

I should have posted earlier, but there is a no- smithing mount included. When Mark had it fitted with a Leupold Scout Scope he shot some phenomenal groups with it.

As an aside, don't discount the ability of Scout Scopes. As fast as a red dot, with the precision of a "proper" scope! I had a Leupold fitted on Styer Scout and took it out to 600 regularly.

I even have the only other true Scout Scope, the Burris, fitted on my Marlin....

Mark's Leupold that he shot with this rifle, I'm having, but, my Burris may very well find itself on here instead of evil bay if anyone's interested......!! LOL!

It would be perfect for snap or McQueens.....

Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

Dougan wrote:If it is possible to fit a scope to it, at a later date, then...yes please, I'll have it :good:

If you want it, I don't think you'd be disappointed!