SPAS 12

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
devil_bri

SPAS 12

#1 Post by devil_bri »

as title
anyone got 1 or know of 1 for sale
thanks
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: SPAS 12

#2 Post by pe4king »

devil_bri wrote:as title
anyone got 1 or know of 1 for sale
thanks
KWG in Ashford have one I think its £1100 Sect 1 of course, or I saw a restricted one on Gunstar a week or so back
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

Also on GT a couple of weeks back - I strongly suggest that you handle one before you buy. They are a classic "looks good" gun (to some) that fails to deliver in the real world, certainly on the Practical Shotgun circuit I have never seen one.
If you like that kind of look but are not absolutely set on a Spas, take a look at the Saiga and Verp shotguns http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/firearms_saiga12.htm from Russian guns. I believe the latest models have got over previous faults and are gaining more fans,

DM
saddler

#4 Post by saddler »

Franchi PA8 was a better pump gun

The "improved SPAS12", the SPAS15 was a little, er, strange too!!
John25

#5 Post by John25 »

Dangermouse is right. Don't see many on the PSG circuit.

Give one a test run if you can, don't whatever you do, break the law of course :lol:

One of my fellow students on the basic course had one. We christened him stoppage!

Whatever floats yer boat I suppose?

:cheers:
devil_bri

#6 Post by devil_bri »

I fired them a few years ago and yes they are awkward !
I just want it to add to the collection, it will probably never be used that often
Saw the KWG spas on GT, they are a nightmare at answering emails. They are selling it for a third party, however £1000 is my top limit ! And I don't think they will come down to meet me !
There is another onGT for £725 but doesn't have the folding stock
I am aware of the legalities of the folding stock, but I would just like to have it as an accessory to keep it all original
Thanks for the help, keep your eyes open lads
Cheers
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

saddler wrote:Franchi PA8 was a better pump gun

The "improved SPAS12", the SPAS15 was a little, er, strange too!!
And VERY expensive! The mags are/were £120 a pop when I looked at one and that was 4 years ago!
DVC
devil_bri

#8 Post by devil_bri »

still looking
John25

#9 Post by John25 »

Have you tried a scrap yard?

:lol:
devil_bri