.22lr bolt action rifle suggestions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

saddler

Re: .22lr bolt action rifle suggestions

#11 Post by saddler »

dodgyrog wrote:
Primer wrote:Yeah the CZ is a cracking rifle, i got one a couple of weeks ago, they are very popular at my club and one member swears by it for bunny bashing with easy headshots out to 100m and beyond.
100YARD HEADSHOTS!!!
How many cripples running away?
As it's a .22 rimfire he'll be using factory ammo, not some 50% alloy content bodged-up-cast-boolits - so the accuracy is probably fine :lol:
Tomo

#12 Post by Tomo »

You could try a Marlin 925 or XT? They are supposed to be pretty accurate out of the box - cheaper too compared to a CZ.
tackb

#13 Post by tackb »

dodgyrog wrote:
Primer wrote:Yeah the CZ is a cracking rifle, i got one a couple of weeks ago, they are very popular at my club and one member swears by it for bunny bashing with easy headshots out to 100m and beyond.

Depends on your budget and distance you want accuracy for as for £350-400 you could get one of the New Savage or Puma bunny bashers and they come with scope and moderator, or you have the Chinese CZ copies, norinco I think they are called and our club has some as club guns along with Rugers and Anshzucht (bad spelling)
100YARD HEADSHOTS!!!
my finfire will group 1" at 100m (not that consistently with me behind it!) but to good shot with good ammo and rangefinding/wind reading skills then 100yd head shots are certainly possible.
tackb

#14 Post by tackb »

Primer wrote:
dodgyrog wrote: 100YARD HEADSHOTS!!!
I pretty much believe the guy he's ex special forces and runs training courses for the military and police and the rifles are very accurate.
i doubt he's ex special forces otherwise after he told you he'd have to kill you! :lol:
tikkathreebarrels

#15 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

Primer wrote:
dodgyrog wrote: 100YARD HEADSHOTS!!!
I pretty much believe the guy he's ex special forces and runs training courses for the military and police and the rifles are very accurate.
I wouldn't doubt it especially in daylight where life is a lot easier. Scope zeroed accurately and enough practice for confidence.
tikkathreebarrels

#16 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

My first rabbiting rifle was a South American Magtech b/a which was effectively an old Remchester design. I had that barrels shortened, the trigger wouldn't reduce below 2lb let off but it killed a lot of rabbits and rats before the trigger mech broke.

I replaced it with a Sako Finnfire Range which is a lovely rifle but I'd think twice about dropping it in the dirt!

I'm no longer up to speed with CZs but you've gotta ask why there are so many used examples on guntrader...

Get down to a dealer or two, handle a few - CZ, Ruger, Marlin, Sako, Anschutz, see what you like...
ovenpaa

#17 Post by ovenpaa »

The Magtech S/A used to be under GBP100 a couple of years ago, at that price they have to be worth a quick look.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal