How To Use XLOX

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

SeaWolf

How To Use XLOX

#1 Post by SeaWolf »

Hi Folks,

Just spent a couple of hours casting bullets for my Ruger Old Army. Always bought balls for it before, and this is the first time I have done any casting. After a couple of mis-shapes I got into it. Now have about a hundred good bullets.

Now then ... a question.

I have bought some XLOX Boolit Lube, to lube the bullets. Can anyone tell me how to use this stuff ? It's in a plastic bottle but seems to be pretty solid and won't pour out. What do I have to do with it to lub my bullets ?

Thanks, sign92

Ian
jjvc

Re: How To Use XLOX

#2 Post by jjvc »

If its the the Lee Liquid Alox you mean, stand it in hot water until runny, put your boolits in a old butter tub with a couple of drops of alox and tumble them till evenly coated. A little goes a long way.

Joe
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

No its Xlox he means.

Xlox is the same stuff but a lot cheaper than the Lee, you should know Joe as I sell the blinking stuff! :o :lol:

As Joe says warm it up a bit first then add a few drops to your boolits then add the same amount of white spirit, tumble your boolits and they should come out with a light golden hue to them.

With Xlox less is more.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
SeaWolf

#4 Post by SeaWolf »

Thanks fellas.

Got it .... Dromia is pukkabundhooks. :wave:

Yes it was from you I got the stuff via my chum Mike who picks up from you, along with a load of other stuff. Thanks for the good service. sign92

Another order coming via Mike soon. :good:

That's great. I'll work it as you say. Looking forward to trying these conicals instead of balls in the Ruger Old Army.

Now to cast some Minié bullets for the muzzle loading rifle.

:flag6:
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

SeaWolf wrote:Thanks fellas.

Got it .... Dromia is needs a haircut. :wave:
Fixed it for you clapclap
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#6 Post by dromia »

Six weeks or so to go 'till the six month cut is due.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/