Wanted wartime german K98

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
bogart

Wanted wartime german K98

#1 Post by bogart »

Still on the look out for a good wartime shooter. Seen a fair few but wasn't overly impressed by the condition. If I don't get one soon I fear all the good ones will be gone. I am quite willing to pay good money but not silly money for one.
TGBMaverick

Re: Wanted wartime german K98

#2 Post by TGBMaverick »

bogart wrote:Still on the look out for a good wartime shooter. Seen a fair few but wasn't overly impressed by the condition. If I don't get one soon I fear all the good ones will be gone. I am quite willing to pay good money but not silly money for one.

Have you looked at the CG Firearms website. Chris normally has a good selection and I have alsways found him to be a good chap to deal with URL: cgfirearms.co.uk
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

Mate near me has a Russian capture K98 he is wanting to sell.
That the sort of thing you are after, or are you not interested in any of the Russian ones?

Forgot to get more details on Sunday but I know is is a 30's made one. I can find out more if you want?
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

I was just going to say outside of Russian capture you are going to pay quite a premium for a good K98, I looked at one a few months ago and it was GBP1100.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Meaty

#5 Post by Meaty »

I saw one recently that was a peach, a BCD 42 with all matching numbers as far as I could tell.......and some cretin had de-act it :cool2:
Even the RC's are commanding quite a price now as the supply seems to be drying up rapidly.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#6 Post by meles meles »

Another recommendation here for Chris at C&G - we've bought several rifles from him and have never been disappointed. He had a couple of great K98s in a week or two back.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"