West Midlands Smallbore Club?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

CHBMB

West Midlands Smallbore Club?

#1 Post by CHBMB »

Hi everyone,

New to FB but have shot field target air rifle but not for a couple of years now.

Would love to get back into shooting of some description and to be honest evenings would be the best for me. Can anyone recommend and decent clubs near Wolves, I live between Cannock & Wolverhampton so the closer the better really.

Quite fancy the idea of Gallery shooting or maybe Lightweight Sporting Rifle, also, not terribly competitive, quite happy just plinking away at things, as the social gathering is as important to me as anything.

Cheers
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: West Midlands Smallbore Club?

#2 Post by 20series »

http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=94

Have a look on the link above, hopefully you can find a club nearby, :goodjob:

HTH

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
M99

#3 Post by M99 »

Hi

The post office club at Stafford - be about 20-25 mins depending on where you are exactly.

http://www.sporpc.co.uk/

Mike
CHBMB

#4 Post by CHBMB »

Thanks fellas,

Had a look at the Stafford site, unfortunately there's no way I could make 12 visits in three months due to working funny unpredictable shifts and other commitments, is that about normal for probationary members?

If so I might be out of luck.
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

CHBMB - 12 visits in three months is certainly not normal in my area. Most clubs are quite realistic about shift patterns and home and work commitments and just extend the probationary period until you have reached the necessary attendance time/visits.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
CHBMB

#6 Post by CHBMB »

Ovenpaa,

Thanks, that's a relief as between my on calls and my other halfs we're lucky to see one another once a week, if I made a bigger commitment to shooting than to her, as laid back as the lovely lady may be I suspect she'd rip off certain bits of my anatomy and have me dry firing! :o

I've emailed the Dudley Rifle Club and Wolverhampton Rifle Club a few days ago, so I'll give them a little while to get back to me and then perhaps have a chat with Stafford after that.

Thanks for the help though everyone, much appreciated.