L1A1

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
LeighC

L1A1

#1 Post by LeighC »

That's it, been waiting long enough, now I've decided that I need one in my cabinet if anyone knows of any going? I enquired at Suffolk Gun Co earlier in the year when they had a batch in, but at £2k a pop, they were a little rich for me.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: L1A1

#2 Post by meles meles »

LeighC wrote:they were a little rich for me.

No, ooman: technically we'd suggest you weren't rich enough for them....
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#3 Post by DanTheMan »

Taken from another forum, gorgeous Para FAL for sale, contact
Ian
Gwynedd Firearms
Telephone:
01248 351641
valleyarms@googlemail.com
IMBEL Para FAL in 308
Folding stock with 13” Barrel
Less than 1000 rounds has been fitted with picatiny rail top cover and slightly larger cocking handle.
It also has an aluminum/titanium mount for versapod (included). This bolts over the gas block but can be removed (no extra holes or mods) to take it back to original spec. Block and slide surfaces have been lapped in and springs changed to make the rifle cycle easily and reliably.
Rifle is little over a year old. It is the only known Para Spec Fal available as a straight pull section 1 Rifle. I paid £2700 for it.
£Offers
Tower75

#4 Post by Tower75 »

LeighC wrote:That's it, been waiting long enough, now I've decided that I need one in my cabinet if anyone knows of any going? I enquired at Suffolk Gun Co earlier in the year when they had a batch in, but at £2k a pop, they were a little rich for me.
Alas, I have to agree with you, and the Badger. For what they are, they're too expensive. Esp. considering they've all been neutered. I've always thought that the prices were taking the Michael some what. If anything, they should be cheaper, not more expensive then a real SLR, after all, it's not, is it? It's an MLR.

To me, it feels like paying £5,000,000.00 for a clockwork-powered Porch. Yeah, okay, it's a Porch, and it'll transport you from A to B, but...
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

Bah, no pictures on that website, sounds like it would be gawjus tongueout 13" barrel on a .308 though, ouch my ears/shoulder!! :twisted:
DVC
Dr. Strangelove

#6 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Tower.75 wrote:To me, it feels like paying £5,000,000.00 for a clockwork-powered Porch. Yeah, okay, it's a Porch, and it'll transport you from A to B, but...
To be honest, paying £5,000,000.00 for a clockwork-powered Porch would be worth it in my opinion. I assume that the whole house moves, and not just the Porch?

I'd love a mechanical moving house! If you get bored of the view from your bedroom you can just up and move!
huntervixen

#7 Post by huntervixen »

Tower.75 wrote:
LeighC wrote:That's it, been waiting long enough, now I've decided that I need one in my cabinet if anyone knows of any going? I enquired at Suffolk Gun Co earlier in the year when they had a batch in, but at £2k a pop, they were a little rich for me.
Alas, I have to agree with you, and the Badger. For what they are, they're too expensive. Esp. considering they've all been neutered. I've always thought that the prices were taking the Michael some what. If anything, they should be cheaper, not more expensive then a real SLR, after all, it's not, is it? It's an MLR.

To me, it feels like paying £5,000,000.00 for a clockwork-powered Porch. Yeah, okay, it's a Porch, and it'll transport you from A to B, but...

I hear what you say regarding the Straight pull L1's, I would counter that by saying as an L1 owner it's a joy to shoot and I don't know anyone who has bought one who regrets it, ask Dirtbag or Paul on their thoughts.

Ok it's not semi auto.....but it is (in my case) a 1962 Enfield made L1 and I don't regret buying it for an instant.....I would agree with you if it was just another non discript sporting rifle, but it's not, it's a real classic collector's rifle, look at the prices No4T's or L42's go for, after all they are only shagged out old Military rifles aren't they?....no sir, they are cool and cool costs money :lol:

I say, throw caution to the wind and buy one, there won't be many more re-built after this batch because parts kits are running out I believe and the price will only go up.

My rifle was re-built by Suffolk Rifle to a very high standard and I can throughly recommend them and the product...first rate!
LeighC

#8 Post by LeighC »

Well, HV, as you're just up the road from me, I think it's only fair that you let me see your L1....... I'll be at Severnside next Sunday if you'll be about?
ordnance

#9 Post by ordnance »

I saw one at a game fair here around a year ago for £900. X British army according to the dealer.
LeighC

#10 Post by LeighC »

There are two on Guntrader at the moment, a Para spec at £2495 (probably the one referred to above) and an Imbel at £1950. Both a little above budget. Grates a bit when I've seen genuine ex British Army SLR's on sale in Europe at Eur.650 a go.