Child air rifle legislation

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Dombo63

Re: Child air rifle legislation

#11 Post by Dombo63 »

You can be closer than 50 feet from a public highway so long as you don't cause distress to anyone on that highway.
Mikaveli

#12 Post by Mikaveli »

Dombo63 wrote:You can be closer than 50 feet from a public highway so long as you don't cause distress to anyone on that highway.
True - but inner-city, expect to get a visit from the fuzz. I'd use 50ft as the minimum regardless, personally.
Dombo63

#13 Post by Dombo63 »

froggy wrote:Re-

Many thanks to you all for your replies.
The high wall is the back of my small garden. Behind that wall there is a rather large private gated car park.

I very much appreciate your input as, should I go ahead , I intended to informed my neighbours but also my firearm officer in case an unknown neighbour would question the noise of pellets hitting the target-trap and make a complain. So a little back-ground info is always usefull. :good:
If you put a piece of carpet inside the pellet trap that can deaden the sound very effectively. Less chance of ricochet too.
froggy

#14 Post by froggy »

re -
thanks for the tip :good: