Good starter rifle in 7.62/.308 left handed

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

DavidRees
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

Re: Good starter rifle in 7.62/.308 left handed

#11 Post by DavidRees »

Do post the results of your first shoot with your new rifle -- I would be most interested to hear how it goes.

David.
Tufty

#12 Post by Tufty »

Will do David,and thanks! sign92
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#13 Post by hitchphil »

ur so lucky finding a LH Rifle presume its a RH action in a LH stock? as dont think they made LH action P14? beware loading you keep it pointing level & to your target. have seen RCOs pull LH up for that as its difficult to do. good luck with it.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Tufty

#14 Post by Tufty »

It is a right hand action,and thanks for the advice,do need to practise loading /unloading with a dummy round before Sunday!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#15 Post by hitchphil »

I have a RH action LH stocked P14 in the club too :-) Intend to thread the bolt handle & fit a bolt arm extension to make it easier to use LH, if it works ok will send / post some pics. did it with a 22 & its easy to use.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Tufty

#16 Post by Tufty »

Thanks,would be very interested to see how that works out for you.