Wanted:10 Rnd cartridge holder for BSA Martini International

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

Wanted:10 Rnd cartridge holder for BSA Martini International

#1 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I am looking for one of those ally blocks that are drilled to take 10 rounds and which attach to the side of a BSA Martini. Does anybody know where the I can get one from?

sign92

Charlotte.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Dave 101

Re: Wanted:10 Rnd cartridge holder for BSA Martini Internati

#2 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi

They are usually made by Parker Hale , they are called Quickloaders , and will have a QL model number depending on which model rifle you require it for . If you do a search on ebay in Parker Hale they come up from time to time but do get very pricey at times , I have seen one for a model12 go for £75 .
Heres a pic of the various models ,

Hope you can find one at a good price , also it maybe worth asking some the older shooters at you club .

Dave
Charlotte the flyer

#3 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

sign92

Crikey, only paid 125 for the rifle tongueout , still if it puts my average up then it's all good.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

This one I made myself from a 10mm square bar of aluminium , bought on ebay , rather than drilling holes in the stock to fix it on with screws , I have used sticky double sided foam strip which works extremely well .

Dave

ps Off to the range now with the BSA MkII .
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

Charlotte if you let me have the general dimensions I can have a look at making a few at a more sensible price, it is always easier for me if I make items in a small run of say 3-4 so if anyone else wants one at the same time...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Charlotte the flyer

#6 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

The diameter of the screw thread is 7.8mm (allow a bit so say an 8mm hole)

The diameter of the larger part of the screw is 12.8mm (what looks like the counter sunk bit on the parker hales ones)

There is only 3mm of thread on the bolt so the bit that get sandwiched can only be around 1mm tops

In terms of bullets, it needs to take 10 .22lr either two rows of five or in NRSA target layout if possible (might not have the space though)
Attachments
P1170707x.jpg
P1170708.JPG
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

NSRA Target layout? You mean 4-2-4 maybe? What is the maximum length that will fit including the fixing hole and what is the diameter of the knurled section?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Charlotte the flyer

#8 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Crikey, lots of questions. I'm back in my open prison now (work away in the week darn sarth), will check on Friday.

Thanks

Charlotte
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#9 Post by leeroy7031 »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:Crikey, lots of questions. I'm back in my open prison now (work away in the week darn sarth), will check on Friday.

Thanks

Charlotte
Guess your 30 mins free internet now up...... I'm suffering slow downs in my hotel too sign01
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
ovenpaa

#10 Post by ovenpaa »

Can someone confirm if a block of this size (ish) would fit.
Block.PNG
/d

Shed Journal