Variations, choosing calibre ?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

sconie

Re: Variations, choosing calibre ?

#11 Post by sconie »

Blackstuff wrote:
sconie wrote:
I am also considering adding .300 Blackout as I may consider another AR upper and adding 9mm Lever release as I would like to try both.

If I buy an AR15 in .223/5.56 what do I request on the variation if I want .300 and .22 uppers rather than a full rifle ?

I was also considering adding suppressors for each of the above calibres?
Any advice on the above or is the FLO likely to query these in any way?
N.B. Lever release AR's are stand alone guns and the uppers/lowers cannot be used with any other AR's.

Always add sound moderators to any increase/new firearms as if you decide not to buy them you can do 1 for 1 swaps for other stuff without having to pay for a fee :good:

What other stuff?, just other suppressor's?
froggy

#12 Post by froggy »

8x57

On your death bed you'll look back at your life and will regret not having own & shot a K98, the best & most exciting bolt action rifle God has graced humanity with ...

NB - don't even think of disagreeing - it's a kinda religious thingy - you'r wrong - plain & simple !
O:-)
ovenpaa

#13 Post by ovenpaa »

If you want a 'proper' cartridge for a Mauser the 9,3x62 fits the bill...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
sconie

#14 Post by sconie »

Duely noted :-) , I am just concerned that the FLO will not see my need to have all I desire in one go.
froggy

#15 Post by froggy »

9,3x62 ?
ovenpaa

#16 Post by ovenpaa »

9,3x62 - my x61 was a type, now corrected.

It is a superb cartridge, sadly frowned upon by many FEOs.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
froggy

#17 Post by froggy »

sadly frowned upon by many FEOs
are they worried for England's zebra population being exterminated ?
O:-)
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

sconie wrote:
Blackstuff wrote: Always add sound moderators to any increase/new firearms as if you decide not to buy them you can do 1 for 1 swaps for other stuff without having to pay for a fee :good:

What other stuff?, just other suppressor's?
Or other guns :good: I did a variation from a .22lr sound moderator to a Section 1 pump action shotgun, free as it was a 1 for 1 :grin:
DVC
sconie

Re: Variations, choosing calibre ?..

#19 Post by sconie »

Ohh...that's good to know....cheers
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#20 Post by Mattnall »

sconie wrote:
If I buy an AR15 in .223/5.56 what do I request on the variation if I want .300 and .22 uppers rather than a full rifle ?
These are usually sold as "barrelled action [calibre]", but I have seen one force that insisted on listing as barrel, bolt and receiver (three separate slots!).
The whole licensing system is not really designed for the AR's different design, if it's not lock, stock and barrel then it's won't fit the system. Some FEOs and departments are still a bit in the dark about the whole AR thing.

Oh,
Don't tell the FEO what rifle you're thinking of buying, never give more info than specifically asked for.
I know of at least one force that will try to stop you buying the AR7 if they know that's what you want.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.