SVD DRAGUNOV in .308

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
breacher

SVD DRAGUNOV in .308

#1 Post by breacher »

While shooting my .308 Dragunov at Bisley ( The first CSR match of the 2013-2014 league ) I was made a cash offer it. The offer was slightly too low but high enough to get me thinking )

Now, I know the Dragunov sits well and truly in a niche market so I was just wondering if there would be much interest in a minty one with Bradley Arms charging lever, four mags and POSP scope at a considerable discount ?

And the ease of finding decent .308 ammo rather than 7.62x54r is a bonus ! It cycles GGG very well and keeps them inside 1.5" at 100 yards.

Retail price for the rifle alone is £2000.

Mine is mint ( only about 400 rds fired ) and has a Bradley Arms lever job. It comes with original POSP 8x42 scope and 4 mags. Its the full length rifle ( as opposed to the "para" version ) with milspec flashhider and black polymer furniture.

Would accept £1600 for the package.

So, 20% cheaper AND the scope and modification free :good:
raybrown53

Re: SVD DRAGUNOV in .308

#2 Post by raybrown53 »

breacher wrote:While shooting my .308 Dragunov at Bisley ( The first CSR match of the 2013-2014 league ) I was made a cash offer it. The offer was slightly too low but high enough to get me thinking )

Now, I know the Dragunov sits well and truly in a niche market so I was just wondering if there would be much interest in a minty one with Bradley Arms charging lever, four mags and POSP scope at a considerable discount ?

And the ease of finding decent .308 ammo rather than 7.62x54r is a bonus ! It cycles GGG very well and keeps them inside 1.5" at 100 yards.

Retail price for the rifle alone is £2000.

Mine is mint ( only about 400 rds fired ) and has a Bradley Arms lever job. It comes with original POSP 8x42 scope and 4 mags. Its the full length rifle ( as opposed to the "para" version ) with milspec flashhider and black polymer furniture.

Would accept £1600 for the package.

So, 20% cheaper AND the scope and modification free :good:

If I hadn't just bought my vz58 I would have been seriously tempted. Have an open slot for a 7.62/.308 Oh well I am sure it will find a good home.
breacher

#3 Post by breacher »

Pics and a few more details -

This is a TIGR .308 - it is the straight pull SVD Dragunov made by the same factory for the civilian market. It is the full length original model as opposed to the "paratroop" issue carbine model. Unlike the paratroop model, it has the full length flash hider.

Furniture is black polymer with cheekpiece which swings out of the way if you want to use iron sights. The iron sights are from the original SVD as opposed to the 300 metre civilian version you see on some Saigas etc

Another surprise extra is the genuine gas block assembly. Many early Tigrs had a plain black dummy tube there. This one has the correct milspec gas block with regulator etc. In fact when it was first noticed on importation, there was a worry that it was a semi auto sent by mistake so a piston and spring were popped in to check. Luckily there is no gas bleed hole in the barrel so it is fully compliant with Firearms Act.

But, it looks incredibly authentic from the outside compared to the ones with dummy gas block etc

The POSP scope is a good match to the rifle ( it has a moving reticle so very often you will end up with an off centre reticle ) with the reticle centred nicely at its zero range of 200 yards.

It is in the unusual ( for a SVD ) calibre of .308 - I have used GGG milsurp ammunition in the two CSR matches I have shot and it extracts with ease. When first testing at 100 yards I was keeping the 3 round groups to 1.5" easily. You might even improve on this with homeloads or match ammunition. Anybody who has shot the original SVD calibre of 7.62x54r will know it kicks like a mule and ammo choice is limited. With .308 you get a much more pleasant rifle to shoot and a huge range of factory or milsurp loads to try.

Extras ;

1, I am offering this with four .308 magazines.
2, A Russian POSP 8X42 scope is included.
3, I have had a side charging handle professionally fitted by Bradley Arms.
4, I have added a bipod ( versapod ) whose mount has been profiled to match the lower receiver and placed in the correct position ( the barrel is not free floated on a SVD ) so the issue bipod is clamped to the receiver. This can be removed if you wish to return to a more authentic look.
5, The stock has a slip-on AK grenade launcher buttpad - this is a common Russian sniper trick to increase length of pull and absorb recoil.

There is only ONE UK importer for these rifles and the retail price as of early 2013 was £2,000. I understand that SVD retail prices will rise to £2200 in 2014 !

That's the retail price of the rifle only - does not include extras / modifications.

I would let this go at £1600 - not open to offers.

As previously stated, I am not desperate to sell this. Its relatively rare in UK , especially in .308 calibre. With only one importer and being in a niche market, I am sure it will remain collectable / desireable so it would make sense to keep it unless I get a decent price. I got it for free so it does not owe me anything.
techguy

#4 Post by techguy »

Cor! That's lovely!!
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#5 Post by meles meles »

Indeed so. If we had an empty slot on our ticket we'd be mightily tempted...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
breacher

#6 Post by breacher »

meles meles wrote:Indeed so. If we had an empty slot on our ticket we'd be mightily tempted...
I offer a free service filling out form 101s ;)
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#7 Post by snayperskaya »

meles meles wrote:Indeed so. If we had an empty slot on our ticket we'd be mightily tempted...
Everyone should have a Dragunov in their lives :)

If I had the funds I would snap it up at that price, its a steal.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#8 Post by leeroy7031 »

snayperskaya wrote:

Got mine ... love it :grin:

Good luck with the sale
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

leeroy7031 wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:

Got mine ... love it :grin:

Good luck with the sale
Love mine too :)

Someone should snap breachers up, they won't regret it
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
sconie

#10 Post by sconie »

Very nice, if this was still around in a few weeks time I would be very interested, but probably be long gone before my variation comes through.

Lovely gun though. :good: