Remmy 700 Next Mod - Trigger?

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
saddler

Re: Remmy 700 Next Mod - Trigger?

#11 Post by saddler »

User702 wrote:Saddler, if you can find out what models they are I'd appreciate it.
PM on the way
Matt

#12 Post by Matt »

It's always worth seeing if it can be adjusted to remove the 'remington lawyer' that comes as standard on every remy....

Mine was adjusted and gave excellent service for years until it decided to go all worn out on me bangbang

The instructions for adjusting are pretty clear and my mate adjusted his in accordance with them and it made a big difference :goodjob:

I had the benefit of trying out the different types of trigger on a bunch of custom 700s side by side at armalon a few years ago ....... Ended up with the most expensive Jewell but worth every penny tongueout
User702

#13 Post by User702 »

The plot thickens...

I went home at lunchtime and took the stock off my rifle to have a look at what sort of trigger I had. I know my rifle is not new, but the barrel number seems to date it at about '96 and the trigger appears to be the left version of the two here:

Now, I can definitely see screws on the trigger mech and these appear to relate to the adjustments shown here; Image

I think it proves it is not the X-Mark trigger though(no plate on the side), but does this mean that my current trigger is in any way adjustable or are these just taking apart screws?
saddler

#14 Post by saddler »

The original trigger CAN be adjusted - but not as low as some of the commercial offerings

For my 700 I followed the tuning advice on Sniper Country forum...though a few other forums have similar information.
User702

#15 Post by User702 »

Thanks Saddler. I'll have a try of that tonight and if no joy will report back.
Maggot

#16 Post by Maggot »

Matt wrote:It's always worth seeing if it can be adjusted to remove the 'remington lawyer' that comes as standard on every remy....

Mine was adjusted and gave excellent service for years until it decided to go all worn out on me bangbang

The instructions for adjusting are pretty clear and my mate adjusted his in accordance with them and it made a big difference :goodjob:

I had the benefit of trying out the different types of trigger on a bunch of custom 700s side by side at armalon a few years ago ....... Ended up with the most expensive Jewell but worth every penny tongueout
Ditto, worth considering.

I managed to gum mine up with cleaner (don't ask) and simply removed it, bunged it in a US cleaner, dried it and bunged it in lighter fluid.

Apparently they are all stainless so this is all they need in the way of lube, I flush mine with a bit of lighter fluid after every clean of the rifle.

Job jobbed, shoots like clicking a mouse only much nicer.

Mik Mak may have them.
Blu

#17 Post by Blu »

I got my original Remmy stock trigger down to 2lbs and never had a problem with it. The adjustment was very easy to do.

Blu :twisted:
Matt

#18 Post by Matt »

Talking of cleaning.....

My Jewell is fine in lighter fuel as it is stainless and the way that Jewell recommend, is the same method still ok on the standard remy trigger which from memory isn't stainless? any????
User702

#19 Post by User702 »

After a bit of swearing and a trip to B&Q for better screwdrivers, I managed to both get the adjustment screws free and lighten up things. However, I am still unable to break the threadlock on the trigger engagement screw.

So, in summary... I have made the trigger lighter, but in order to ensure that the rifle does not fire as soon as the bolt is closed (as is happening when I set the trigger to a lightness that I actually like) I'm having to back out the adjustment to something less than ideal. I'm going to have another try tonight on the remaining screw to see whether I can both free it and use that to make things a bit more reliable.
ovenpaa

#20 Post by ovenpaa »

A hot soldering iron on the offending screw for a few seconds should soften the threadlock.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal