Sore elbows

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

philt

Sore elbows

#1 Post by philt »

Starting Target Rifle is hurting my 67 year old elbows. I have a 2nd hand Tucker jacket, and tried orthopaedic felt adhesive padding, which makes them itch next day.
Does anyone else have this problem , or any solutions? Is a new jacket the answer? Thanks.
Alpha1

Re: Sore elbows

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

No a new jacket is not the answer I use a set of elbow pads intended for skate boarders for my 62 year old elbows. Less than £20.
philt

#3 Post by philt »

Alpha1 wrote:No a new jacket is not the answer I use a set of elbow pads intended for skate boarders for my 62 year old elbows. Less than £20.
Thanks. I'll try those.
Steve E

#4 Post by Steve E »

I use neoprene elbow supports (only on my left elbow). They look like a tube of wet suit material and slip on nice and snug. Get them from any decent sports shop. I also wear a long sleeve polo shirt and a sweatshirt under my leather shooting jacket. What you wear under your jacket is important. Several snug layers without them moving about and rucking up is what you want.
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#5 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

+1 for Skateboard kit. Cheap and effective.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
northumbrian

#6 Post by northumbrian »

Have a look for an old wetsuit, and use it to make some pads for your jacket, if you don't want to go the skate boarding route.
But i'll give another vote for the skate boarding pads though, cheap and effective.
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:+1 for Skateboard kit. Cheap and effective.
Yup :good:

I used a skate board elbow protector to raise the profile of the cheekpiece before Ovenpaa fitted something else for me.
Worked a treat.
paulbradley

#8 Post by paulbradley »

I bought an undershirt with pads. Does the job just fine.http://www.military1st.co.uk/ko-cs2-po- ... cs-au.html
The site also offers a variety of strap on pads for knees and elbows.
philt

#9 Post by philt »

Thanks to all for helpful suggestions.
I'd thought of meths - on the elbows- but that might dissolve the neoprene!
SevenSixTwo

#10 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Shoot standing up?