Remington 700 .308 "Mexican"

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Dangermouse

Remington 700 .308 "Mexican"

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

Asking £850.00
This is the rifle that we nick named the Mexican as it has so few Remington parts. Originally purchased as a Varmint model from Roger at South Yorkshire GS as one of his polished options.

Remington 700 short action, currently chambered in .308 cal.
The Tactical style bolt knob and 20 MOA Picatiney rail are both SYGS Tactical Magic.
Trigger is a Rifle Basix model but I can not remember which one.
H-2 Precision PSTO 25 stock https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/stock ... st025.html
The stock has a magazine conversion kit and takes AICS style mags - 1 x 10 round mag with rifle.
The barrel is a 32" Borders 5R stainless steel Barrel fitted by Mik at Dolphin arms.

I have used this rifle for F class and McQueen shooting at Bisley. It feeds without issue and does the job if you do yours. I am not selling this with a cheap scope on top, that would be insulting to you and would not do the rifle justice. With a Sightron and Harris bi- pod this set up was with in weight for F Class league shooting.
The barrel has shot 1018 rounds exactly, with the action having fired an additional 410 rounds. It is open to debate as to how much more life is in the barrel but I don't think 500+ is unreasonable, some may argue a lot more.
The trigger is really light. I ask guest shooters to dry fire the rifle first as novices are often surprised by the light touch required. We are certainly measuring in nats whiskers, however the trigger is safe and will not fire if dropped. The trigger can be adjusted, instructions are on T web etc.
Clearly this is not a rifle for walking around with, way too heavy with that 32" barrel, but that comes in to it's own when in the prone position and helps soak up the recoil.
The stock is adjustable for length as well as cheek hight and comes with both front swivel screws - necessary for attaching Bi pod. There is some cosmetic marks left on the cheek piece from a foam covering which was added post production. Clearly this does not detract from the stocks ability to function and may be removable with the right substance (elbow grease). It's never been an issue for me. This stock is favoured by many who do not get on with the AICS style grip or find their hands are too big for the AICS stocks.

I live close to Bisley and the rifle can be seen there. Additionally, I am expecting to drive up to Ovenpaa's later in January. Should he be willing and have the space I can bring it with me for you to collect or ask him to forward it on.
Matt

Re: Remington 700 .308 "Mexican"

#2 Post by Matt »

Sounds like a bit of a bargain for anyone who's thinking about starting F Class (or anyone wanting an accurate 308)

Might be worth sticking it on here too DM if you don't get a quick sale (although you probably will tongueout )

http://www.gbfclass.co.uk/index.php/f-c ... ss-website
Maggot

#3 Post by Maggot »

Aye, apart from the harris it sounds like an ideal set up for somone getting into F/TR.

I have to laugh, I have never touched my Jewel trigger, it is as Mik set it, like you I always suggest folk dry fire it before wet firing it....of their underpants end up "wet" tongueout
The Gun Pimp

#4 Post by The Gun Pimp »

DM - sounds like a good rifle at a good price - give me your contact e-mail and I'll put it on the Diggle Club notice board if you like.
Dangermouse

#5 Post by Dangermouse »

Vince,
PM sent.

Just to clarify, there is no bi pod or scope for sale with this rifle, I was just stating that with one it had been weighed and passed for F TR, at an official league shoot.My one visit to Diggle.

DM
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#6 Post by jmc67 »

Very nice. I don't suppose you'd be interested in p/x vs the 338 I have for sale would you?
Dangermouse

#7 Post by Dangermouse »

Sadly not JMC, Bisley is my home range and I am not be able to use it there.

DM
Dangermouse

#8 Post by Dangermouse »

Bump, as there appears to be a buying frenzy tonight,
The Gun Pimp

#9 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Dangermouse wrote:Bump, as there appears to be a buying frenzy tonight,
I've got it on our Diggle notice board - are you dropping the price?
Dangermouse

#10 Post by Dangermouse »

Thanks for posting it up, not dropping price, if anything I might split,

DM