Chicken or Egg?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

StangGT

Re: Chicken or Egg?

#31 Post by StangGT »

dromia wrote:BTW when you were using the post foresight was it a round bull or a tin hat target you were shooting at?
round bull. No idea if I got near it as all 9 of us were on the same set of targets.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#32 Post by dromia »

Round bulls are not good for post foresights, should have been shooting at tin hats for them far better sight picture.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
mackie

#33 Post by mackie »

Hi StangGT :wave:

You're not alone, I suck with regular notch and post type sights but get on pretty well with proper aperture sights. My eyes aren't the best though.
I think I'm with you on shooting stuff with a bit of welly, hence getting into PSG and enjoying full bore TR so much. Small bore TR is good training though.
StangGT

#34 Post by StangGT »

Hi Mackie!

Hope you are well! Next step for me is trying to decide which Module to do first: currently looking at service rifle and gallery rifle...

have limited time and pocket money to spend!

Have you found a way to do any Target shotgun at Bisley lately?
mackie

#35 Post by mackie »

Not yet, but I'm off to Cheshunt again this weekend and they have a good setup and plenty of inventive steel targets.