Schmidt Rubin K31 or Mosin Nagant PU Sniper

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

Schmidt Rubin K31 or Mosin Nagant PU Sniper

#1 Post by ptheta »

I'm thinning out one last item from my FAC collection as we have a baby on the way. I can't quite decide which one to sell so I'm going to offer them both up but will only sell the one which goes first.

First up is my Schmidt-Rubin K31 in the original 7.5x55. I've had this since 2010 and put 465 rounds through it in that time. I bought it from Andy Allwood from a batch that he had just imported at that time. It comes with a scope mount but no scope. Ignore the scope in the pictures, it didn't stay on there long as it wasn't approrpiate for the rifle. You want a smallish scope that's not eye relief fussy on these as it's a side mount - I used a 6x40 in the end and it worked very well.
There's a few photos here from back in 2010. I will provide more (and hopefully better quality as I've upgraded my phone since then!) as soon as I get chance but it hasn't really changed:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11000922 ... IXstvGt3AE

Notice the piece of paper which I took out from under the butt plate to photograph and then immediately replaced. This is the equivalent of the label your mum sewed into the back of your PE kit when you were a kid - more on Wikipedia. There's also a used set of Lee dies for this and a couple of those rather fragile clip loading things. I'm looking for £225 for this or will swap for a nice .177 Pro Sport.

Second up is my Mosin Nagant PU sniper, again from Andy Allwood and in it's original 7.62x54R. I believe it was one of several high quality but not entirely authentic ones brought in a couple of years ago of which some are still available from C&G and Fultons. They were asking £700 and £750 respectively when I checked their web sites.
Mine has the cleaning kit and rod, muzzle protector thingy (technical term), but lacks the leather sight covers and sling that these have. Mine however has the screwdriver bayonet which they don't and has matching serial numbers except for the bayonet. I don't know if they're meant to match or not but I've included a photo of them.

I will also include 40 rounds of PPU 7.62x54R ammunition and approximately 160 once fired PPU cases. There is also an unused Lee die set and case length trimmer.

Loads of pictures here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11000922 ... iba3j7LoFQ

Note that I've shown lots of the screws on the scope mount as someone has been a little brutal on one of the screw heads in the past and I don't want to mislead anyone by glossing over it.

I've owned this for a bit over two years. It makes its first appearance in my shooting log on 13th November 2011. Since then I have put 283 rounds through it. That was a mixture of PPU and the 1970s non-corrosive mil-surp that was doing the rounds about 18 months ago (although I cleaned it like it was corrosive regardless).

I'm looking for £600 for this or will swap for a nice .177 pre-charge rig or .177 Pro Sport plus cash adjustment.

I am based in Basingstoke but get up to Bisley pretty regularly. Would much prefer a face to face deal but will take to an RFD if you want to pay the costs.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: Schmidt Rubin K31 or Mosin Nagant PU Sniper

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

Is that a 1943 date on the Nagant ?
ptheta

#3 Post by ptheta »

I believe so but I will check for you when I get home.
ptheta

#4 Post by ptheta »

I forgot to add that this is listed on more than forum so may not run to completion here. I will update all forums when I've made a sale.
ptheta

#5 Post by ptheta »

Sold the Mosin Nagant so all done now. Thanks for all the interest shown.
Stuck

#6 Post by Stuck »

ptheta wrote:Sold the Mosin Nagant so all done now. Thanks for all the interest shown.
Bloody hell that was quick clapclap
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#7 Post by DanTheMan »

Stuck wrote:
ptheta wrote:Sold the Mosin Nagant so all done now. Thanks for all the interest shown.
Bloody hell that was quick clapclap
I just happened to be passing, thanks again Paul.
ptheta

#8 Post by ptheta »

Thanks for a painless transaction, Dan.