Live L1A1 Straight pull rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
SevenSixTwo

Re: Live L1A1 Straight pull rifle

#11 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Now we're taking:

HALODIN

#12 Post by HALODIN »

Rhodesian Para FAL... Nice!
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by bnz41 »

+1 yes very nice.

The 2 adverts for the FAL Congo give the same contact details so I think duplicate ad.
HALODIN

#14 Post by HALODIN »

I thought that, especially as one of the adds is missing photos. I think he's listed it twice by accident. Out of interest why do you want an L1A1 rather than a FAL?
bnz41

#15 Post by bnz41 »

HALODIN wrote:I thought that, especially as one of the adds is missing photos. I think he's listed it twice by accident. Out of interest why do you want an L1A1 rather than a FAL?
I used a L1A1 during my service time and since owning a Fal before. The only Fal's I had seen for sale were way over priced one on Guntrader Imbel Para 13" barrel folding stock £2495 ouch New L1A1 £1990
HALODIN

#16 Post by HALODIN »

Fair enough, obviously the two of you have history! :good:

Got to say I really like my FAL, it feels right in the hands... nice weight, nice balance and nice easy on the eye iron sights. I'm considering trimming the recoil spring on mine, just to make the extraction a bit easier. With .308 it doesn't stick in the chamber like it does with 7.62x51 NATO, but the spring is too bloody strong for a straight pull.
bnz41

#17 Post by bnz41 »

HALODIN wrote:Fair enough, obviously the two of you have history! :good: Oh Yes bangbang

Got to say I really like my FAL, it feels right in the hands... nice weight, nice balance and nice easy on the eye iron sights. I'm considering trimming the recoil spring on mine, just to make the extraction a bit easier. With .308 it doesn't stick in the chamber like it does with 7.62x51 NATO, but the spring is too bloody strong for a straight pull.
The spring on mine was trimmed by Mr Savage to make easy/lighter pull and it did make a big difference also I used IMI .308 ammo in it never had an issue, action was stamped .308. Do wish I never sold it but needs must.
HALODIN

#18 Post by HALODIN »

Interesting mine still says 7.62 on the receiver, but I know for a fact it is chambered .308. Likewise, .308 works perfectly. GGG was the best milsurp ammo for mine, but even still once the chamber heated up it started to stick, perhaps after 7-8 rounds. My M14 works perfectly with GGG, just I get poor accuracy.

Right, that's settled then, I'm going to trim mine. :cheers:
bnz41 wrote:The spring on mine was trimmed by Mr Savage to make easy/lighter pull and it did make a big difference also I used IMI .308 ammo in it never had an issue, action was stamped .308. Do wish I never sold it but needs must.
froggy

#19 Post by froggy »

Nearly 2K ? for a real one but a castrated one ?? ouch... Your British army's stocks, as issued, flooded the continental shooters' mkt couple of years ago for less than GBP 500 ... They are not so common now but can still be found around that sort of money. Could you get a semi-auto in Belgium, have them to block the gaz vent to import it in the UK ?

Mind you, I guess you guys are now in a similar situation as the frogs with those MAS 49/56 sold to the US Mkt for peanuts but with a clause preventing them to be re-imported back into France ... Incidently, can't help thinking it was our taxes that paid for those on the first place ... :cool2:

Anyway, FAL are very very nice toys, so good luck with your search BNZ :good:
bnz41

#20 Post by bnz41 »

froggy wrote: Could you get a semi-auto in Belgium, have them to block the gaz vent to import it in the UK ?

Anyway, FAL are very very nice toys, so good luck with your search BNZ :good:
Hi Froggy,

I thought once section 5 (gas vent) always section 5 no matter what you did to make it Sec1 straight pull....