Southern Gun AR15 9mm Lever Release UZI version

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Southern Gun AR15 9mm Lever Release UZI version

#1 Post by DanTheMan »

One of my club members is selling his unicorn, it's advertised at £2,000 but I'm sure he would take an offer, it's got bowl magazines, enlarged bolt release, extended cocking handle and extended lever. Sight/mount not included, email me for his contact details.

NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

Re: Southern Gun AR15 9mm Lever Release UZI version

#2 Post by NoEntry »

for those not aware of the specs for this gun. Heres a link.
http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/file/docu ... ACTION.pdf

They are the dogs b*££*cks

Mike
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

I appreciate that you can't get an Uzi mag version IIRC but that is quite a mark up for a second hand and visibly used looking gun. What is the owners justification for this? Any internal mods? I'm curious as I'm in the market for one. Are Uzi mags easy to get hold of?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by DanTheMan »

He will take an offer, I will drop you contact details. As for price £2354.95 is the cost of a new LR rifle plus £275 for bowl mags, for reference the last Uzi model changed hands in our club for £2.2k a few weeks ago. Surplus Uzi mags are easy to pick up.
Rburro2

#5 Post by Rburro2 »

I bought my glock mag version for £1500 with 2x30 round mags and 3 17 round mags only had ambi mag release. But they are rare iso I suppose it's a name your price really. Good luck with the sale I'm glad there appreciating in value.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#6 Post by the running man »

Christ the glock mag .45 acp version is only 1500 quid brand new! wtfwtf
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#7 Post by NoEntry »

Dan m8,
As you know I tried to buy this gun but I too thought it overpriced.
I have a quote from Bob at SGC for a new Glock version in std spec. Its for £1525 plus mags.
I appreciate that the UZI version carries a premium, but £700 on top of the 2011 new price was too
much for me, I had also had a quote to have the gun refinished with black duracoat which would have
added £300 to the price.

Heres the link to the current version.

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/file/docu ... 202013.pdf

All that being said, tell your m8 good luck with his sale.
Mike
Primer

#8 Post by Primer »

DanTheMan wrote:He will take an offer, I will drop you contact details. As for price £2354.95 is the cost of a new LR rifle plus £275 for bowl mags, for reference the last Uzi model changed hands in our club for £2.2k a few weeks ago. Surplus Uzi mags are easy to pick up.
That price is for the G spec with a load of optional extra's, standard spec is £1375, (if you look at the specification tab on the sgc website it shows you the base price and optional extras available) three of my shooting mates have just brought them and depending on the spec they paid between £1425-1750, they did end up waiting about 6 months though with many promised delivery dates missed, start ticking the options boxes and you are soon over the 2k mark. I was going to get one but my mate said I can put his on my ticket and we can share it as I will do the same for him when I get a .223. They don't come up for sale very often as 2nd handers at our club but when they do they are at a sensible price. They are a lovely gun but as with everything there are a few lemons around and you tend to only hear about the lemons, there is probably a dozen owners at my club and non have had any serious issues with them and most use reloads with them.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#9 Post by DanTheMan »

I have just called him now and had a chat re: price and he's dropped it to £1750 and thrown in a bag and some ammo.
FritztheMoose

#10 Post by FritztheMoose »

Mike357 wrote:I appreciate that you can't get an Uzi mag version IIRC but that is quite a mark up for a second hand and visibly used looking gun. What is the owners justification for this? Any internal mods? I'm curious as I'm in the market for one. Are Uzi mags easy to get hold of?
UZI mags are so cheap that its hardly worth picking them up tongueout

if u go for surplus ones they are as low as 5 Euro a piece for a 32 round stick

They are also some of the easiest mags to come by