Weihrauch HW57 .177" air rifle

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Gaz

Weihrauch HW57 .177" air rifle

#1 Post by Gaz »

I am selling my Weihrauch HW57 air rifle because I don't shoot it any more.

Two careful owners: me and the original owner, who fired about 50 pellets and decided it wasn't their thing before selling it to me. I've looked after it well - silicone cloth to wipe down the stock after firing, kept the metalwork lightly oiled. Last chronographed at 11.5ft/lbs a couple of years ago, haven't shot it since.

This is one of the originals with good quality furniture (smooth finish - polyurethane? - over stained beech or something very similar) rather than the chequered modern builds with el cheapo woodwork. There's a few minor dings and scratches on the underside of the stock where I've rested the rifle on hard surfaces but these aren't really visible in everyday use.

It's a good plinking rifle out to about 60yds. Underlever cocking and a pop up breech. There are no sights included, if only because the iron rearsight is "somewhere" in my possessions. I'll happily forward that on free of charge if/when I find it.

Pictures to follow shortly. £200 - RRP for modern production rifles is about £250. Buyer collects from London or Bisley, or pays postage via RFD.
Gaz

Re: Weihrauch HW57 .177" air rifle

#2 Post by Gaz »

Pictures. Left and right hand side.
HW57 side view
HW57 side view
HW57 side view, other side
HW57 side view, other side
Breech area, breech closed. You can see the high quality of the finish and woodwork, despite my crap phone camera focusing ability.
HW57-3.jpg
Gaz

#3 Post by Gaz »

Breech open. I've digitally enhanced the actual breech area as best as I could.
HW57-4.jpg
Underside of the buttstock. Thanks to the flash it looks a lot worse than it is, really.
HW57-5.jpg
Please note the scope is NOT included for sale. I am advertising the rifle elsewhere as well.
Gaz

#4 Post by Gaz »

Will be moving this to Bisley in the very near future and possibly selling it to one of the dealers down there, so if you're interested now is a good time to say so!
Gaz

#5 Post by Gaz »

Price change - £150. Rifle is now at Bisley and fitted with a dioptre aperture rearsight. Test fired on Sunday and it shot well.