Reloading Kit

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
dave_303

Re: Reloading Kit

#11 Post by dave_303 »

DOGGER2UK wrote:A pair of bulls surveying a herd of cows from a hill.

Young bull to old bull: “Let’s run down and mount a few of them cows”
Old bull:” Let’s walk down and mount them all”

Thank you, please encourage more young shooters into our wonderful sport by patronising them.

Just to add some clarity to this whole situation as it is becoming rather tiresome. I am a 23 year old shooter with 10 years of shooting under my belt, 6 of those with fullbore rifles. I have only just come into the position of justifying the need for a press.

I have very specific requirements due to my living arrangements, I have been shown how to handload before, several times in fact, with both progressive and single stage presses, I am of course no expert on this matter, nor will I ever claim to be. Please heed to what I have requested, I have posted this in a WANTED section for a reason, I am NOT going into this matter blind.
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

DOGGER2UK wrote:A pair of bulls surveying a herd of cows from a hill.

Young bull to old bull: “Let’s run down and mount a few of them cows”
Old bull:” Let’s walk down and mount them all”

And sometimes Old Bull is exactly that, "Old Bull".....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Alpha1

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

Good luck in your quest and I hope you enjoy many happy hours of re loading with it.
Henry krank has them in stock.
Attachments
lee press.png
Yogi GunKanobee

#14 Post by Yogi GunKanobee »

You may possibly be interested in the Wamadet press that I have listed in the for sale section. It's very portable.
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

The Wamadet press is a excellent piece of kit I would very much like to own this press. The only thing that stops me buying it is the fact I am under strict instructions not to spend a penny until we come back off Holiday in two weeks. I am amazed that this press has not sold.
Yogi GunKanobee

#16 Post by Yogi GunKanobee »

Alpha1 wrote:The Wamadet press is a excellent piece of kit I would very much like to own this press. The only thing that stops me buying it is the fact I am under strict instructions not to spend a penny until we come back off Holiday in two weeks. I am amazed that this press has not sold.
My friend has a Lee hand loader, a Wamadet press and a Dillon. I’ve got a Wamadet and a Dillon. The Lee hand loader is OK for maybe 10 rounds at a time now and again. I found the Wamadet good for 100 to 200 rounds at a sitting. I’ve lost count of the rounds that I’ve loaded on the Wamadet press. Then I decided to get the Dillon after loading 400 rounds of 9mm one weekend. Now, after spending a fair bit of dosh pimping the Dillon, I prefer to do all my reloading on it, though I still use it as a single stage press for my rifle rounds. My friend just uses this Dillon for pistol rounds, but still does all his rifle rounds on the Wamadet.

But, hey, if someone just want a few rounds at a time, maybe for deer etc, then maybe a hand loader is all you need.
Sim G

#17 Post by Sim G »

Judas Priest!

Dave has stated what he's looking for. The Lee hand press is an outstanding piece of kit. Simple, affordable and functional. 400 rounds of 9mm in a weekend? It's not your tools that need looking at. 150 rounds of 7mm-08, 100 requiring full length sizing as new and 50 neck sized. Primer pockets cleaned, case length checked and trimmed if necessary, primed, neck lubed and chamfered, charged, bullet seated. Just over an hour and a half... using a Lee hand press.

When I wrote the thread about using basic Lee kit to load, I laid a challenge for someone using their 100 quid dies and 150 quid presses to make ammo as good as I did with the Lee stuff. Tumble weed followed from those so vociferous...

So here's another challenge.

Dave is a young fella starting out. He and his partner live in one of the most expensive cities in the country where accommodation is small as square footage is a premium. He is finishing a full time university degree as is his partner. All the while they are raising a young daughter. But still, even amongst his studies and domestic responsibilities, he finds the time to encourage other young people to get involved in shooting through universities and has been involved in national campaigns to try and secure the long term future of the sport.

So even when stretched, Dave is committed.

I passed kit onto Dave. Nothing much, but kit that had sat around for ages. Kit I could have sold on here easily. But, I passed it on for nothing. No more than the spirit of friendship and to help a bloke out. That is not to "big me up"...

Here we are on his wanted thread and several want to "big it up" how his choice of kit is so utterly inappropriate and their "upgraded" is far more fitting..

Well here it is, if you have kit that regard as cr@p, give it to him. Or, the stuff you don't need, donate to a young lad starting out. Pass it on for free. Make it a gift.

I'm not saying Dave is a charity case, far from it. I'm challenging you to help him out. Go on, I dare you. Hey, giving him "quality kit" might even change his mind about Lee and considering that appears to be your objective!

However, I expect we'll hear no more from you on the subject now...

(Sorry Dave if I've embarrassed you)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Yogi GunKanobee

#18 Post by Yogi GunKanobee »

Sorry I spoke, just chatting, not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'll keep my gob shut from now on!
dave_303

#19 Post by dave_303 »

Simon, no embarrassment here mate, actually I thank you for the compliments!
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Sandgroper »

PM sent.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.