Reloading Kit

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Blu

Re: Reloading Kit

#21 Post by Blu »

Howdy guys I've just seen this post. Now then I have a LEE press here I never use that you are more than welcome to FOC, just need to find a box to stick it in for shipping. Also got a set of near new condition Lee Neck sizing and seating dies in .303, again your welcome to have them. I was going to put up a photo of the press but the camera needs charging so I'll do it later. I guess you could fit the press to a piece of wood and clamp it to a table and take it down and put away when done. I'll post some photies in a wee while and you can let me know if you want them.

Sorry but I'm going to hang on to the "quality kit" I have tongueout :run:

Blu :twisted:
Blu

#22 Post by Blu »

Sim G wrote:Judas Priest!

Dave has stated what he's looking for. The Lee hand press is an outstanding piece of kit. Simple, affordable and functional. 400 rounds of 9mm in a weekend? It's not your tools that need looking at. 150 rounds of 7mm-08, 100 requiring full length sizing as new and 50 neck sized. Primer pockets cleaned, case length checked and trimmed if necessary, primed, neck lubed and chamfered, charged, bullet seated. Just over an hour and a half... using a Lee hand press.

When I wrote the thread about using basic Lee kit to load, I laid a challenge for someone using their 100 quid dies and 150 quid presses to make ammo as good as I did with the Lee stuff. Tumble weed followed from those so vociferous...

So here's another challenge.

Dave is a young fella starting out. He and his partner live in one of the most expensive cities in the country where accommodation is small as square footage is a premium. He is finishing a full time university degree as is his partner. All the while they are raising a young daughter. But still, even amongst his studies and domestic responsibilities, he finds the time to encourage other young people to get involved in shooting through universities and has been involved in national campaigns to try and secure the long term future of the sport.

So even when stretched, Dave is committed.

I passed kit onto Dave. Nothing much, but kit that had sat around for ages. Kit I could have sold on here easily. But, I passed it on for nothing. No more than the spirit of friendship and to help a bloke out. That is not to "big me up"...

Here we are on his wanted thread and several want to "big it up" how his choice of kit is so utterly inappropriate and their "upgraded" is far more fitting..

Well here it is, if you have kit that regard as cr@p, give it to him. Or, the stuff you don't need, donate to a young lad starting out. Pass it on for free. Make it a gift.

I'm not saying Dave is a charity case, far from it. I'm challenging you to help him out. Go on, I dare you. Hey, giving him "quality kit" might even change his mind about Lee and considering that appears to be your objective!

However, I expect we'll hear no more from you on the subject now...

(Sorry Dave if I've embarrassed you)
Jeez boy, you could bring a tear to a glass eye you could.

Blu

#23 Post by Blu »

Here you go, PM where to send them if you want them.
Press.JPG
Dies.JPG
Alpha1

#24 Post by Alpha1 »

Judas Priest!

Dave has stated what he's looking for. The Lee hand press is an outstanding piece of kit. Simple, affordable and functional. 400 rounds of 9mm in a weekend? It's not your tools that need looking at. 150 rounds of 7mm-08, 100 requiring full length sizing as new and 50 neck sized. Primer pockets cleaned, case length checked and trimmed if necessary, primed, neck lubed and chamfered, charged, bullet seated. Just over an hour and a half... using a Lee hand press.

When I wrote the thread about using basic Lee kit to load, I laid a challenge for someone using their 100 quid dies and 150 quid presses to make ammo as good as I did with the Lee stuff. Tumble weed followed from those so vociferous...

So here's another challenge.

Dave is a young fella starting out. He and his partner live in one of the most expensive cities in the country where accommodation is small as square footage is a premium. He is finishing a full time university degree as is his partner. All the while they are raising a young daughter. But still, even amongst his studies and domestic responsibilities, he finds the time to encourage other young people to get involved in shooting through universities and has been involved in national campaigns to try and secure the long term future of the sport.

So even when stretched, Dave is committed.

I passed kit onto Dave. Nothing much, but kit that had sat around for ages. Kit I could have sold on here easily. But, I passed it on for nothing. No more than the spirit of friendship and to help a bloke out. That is not to "big me up"...

Here we are on his wanted thread and several want to "big it up" how his choice of kit is so utterly inappropriate and their "upgraded" is far more fitting..

Well here it is, if you have kit that regard as cr@p, give it to him. Or, the stuff you don't need, donate to a young lad starting out. Pass it on for free. Make it a gift.

I'm not saying Dave is a charity case, far from it. I'm challenging you to help him out. Go on, I dare you. Hey, giving him "quality kit" might even change his mind about Lee and considering that appears to be your objective!

However, I expect we'll hear no more from you on the subject now...

(Sorry Dave if I've embarrassed you)

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
You CHALLENGE me to help him out a strange choice of words. Yes you will hear more from me on the subject I have all ready helped him out by advising him to not full length size using the Lee hand press if you want to put him of hand loading forever starting him off with a Lee hand press is the way to go.
The gear that Blu has offered to send to him for free is a much better option nice one Blu. Considering he lives in the States that's a very generous offer.
I have had a look in my reloading den there are a full set of Lee powder dippers and a Lee priming tool the new version he can have he just needs to pm me his address. There may be more stuff does he need any .303 cases as I said I may have other stuff if I find any thing else he is welcome to it. Just do not let his first go at full length resizing be with a Lee hand press you will ruin him for life.
Did I rise to your CHALLENGE Sir does this suffice. I might also be able to come up with some .303 bullets but I will have to check on that. I am going on Holiday very soon so he may have to wait till I get back. But pm me his address and I will see what I can do.

IF the Guy is absolutely sure he wants to reload using the Lee hand tool and has not found one before I come back of Holiday I will purchase one from Kranks and send it to him free of charge and he is welcome to it.
Blu

#25 Post by Blu »

Well bugger me! All the years I've had that press I just found the original box it came in, even has the original instructions that came with it. So that's the box problem solved, dies can go in there as well. Just need to know where I'm sending it.

techguy

#26 Post by techguy »

Loving the generosity on this thread :)

I feel like having a go at FL resizing .303 cases on my lee hand press to see what all the fuss is about ;)
Sim G

#27 Post by Sim G »

Now that Alpha1 is a very generous offer. And not to put too finer a point on it, not at all what I would have expected considering the persona projected from yourself over the last couple of years.... Perhaps I was wrong in my opinion of you.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Alpha1

#28 Post by Alpha1 »

Now that Alpha1 is a very generous offer. And not to put too finer a point on it, not at all what I would have expected considering the persona projected from yourself over the last couple of years.... Perhaps I was wrong in my opinion of you.
Hmm not sure how to answer that. Any way never mind Dave and I have been in touch comes across as a very nice young man lets just get him shooting.
That's what its all about no worries.
Alpha1

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

[quoteNow that Alpha1 is a very generous offer. And not to put too finer a point on it, not at all what I would have expected considering the persona projected from yourself over the last couple of years.... Perhaps I was wrong in my opinion of you.
][/quote]

I have read this comment over and over again now and it makes me think that perhaps its time to say good bye to Full bore UK.
Blu

#30 Post by Blu »

I have read this comment over and over again now and it makes me think that perhaps its time to say good bye to Full bore UK.
AWwwwwww don't go Dave :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: