Bringing things back to the Uk from abroad

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Joe Pugh
Home club or Range: Merthyr Clay shooting, Work at South Wales 2000 Clay ground

Bringing things back to the Uk from abroad

#1 Post by Joe Pugh »

Hi all just a question I cant find much out online and was hoping someone could help or has had any experience with.

I am going to the US in August and would like to bring back around 5-10 Ruger 10/22 standard magazines. I know no licence is needed to buy them in the UK or USA but I am just wondering how customs at the airport would find it? has anyone brought any gun parts or accessories back with them from anywhere.

The reason I want to bring some back from the US is well one the cost id save myself around £30-40 (if not more) compared to if I bought them hear and secondly I know I can order them online but if I did the P&P added on top wouldn't be worth it.

Also I know around this time last year America had a ammo shortage and an accessory or a magazine shortage so has this cleared up now so am i going to be limited on buying 1 or 2 magazines at a time?

Any help would be great, Thanks :good:
Regards Joe
Miroku MK38 12G
Browning Maxus 12G
Ruger 10/22 .22
Marlin 1894 .44
Savage model 24 .22/.410
Lee Enfield SMLE 1918 .303
Mauser Gew 98 1916 7.92x57
Springfield 1903 1928 30-06
Mosin Nagant 91/30 1929 7.62x54R
Lost count now
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Bringing things back to the Uk from abroad

#2 Post by mag41uk »

AFAIK 10 round mags are ITAR exempt (don't quote me!)
I have brought them back with no issue.
Tony