NRA probationer

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

ovenpaa

Re: NRA probationer

#81 Post by ovenpaa »

My view is they are different, .260 refers to a specific cartridge whereas 6,5mm is a generic. So if in doubt ask for a 6,5mm/.264"
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
@nd

#82 Post by @nd »

I have had my interview with the FAO and all seems to have gone ok,he was happy with my choices and ammo quantities, he will submit my application tomorrow for the final yes or no.Fingers crossed should hear in a couple of weeks.
@nd

#83 Post by @nd »

Bloody typical,you wait 8 weeks and just as you are packing the car to go on holiday for two weeks the post man hands you THE envelope :shakeshout: It has finally arrived i am now the proud owner of a virgin FAC and a new SGC.The bad news I'm on holiday for two weeks and when I get back the credit card will have been hammered so I'll have to go a little easy.
I was given all I asked for and 600 rounds of all calibers and 1500 .22rf .I am now on the look out for a couple of left handed rifles.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#84 Post by mag41uk »

@nd wrote:Bloody typical,you wait 8 weeks and just as you are packing the car to go on holiday for two weeks the post man hands you THE envelope :shakeshout: It has finally arrived i am now the proud owner of a virgin FAC and a new SGC.The bad news I'm on holiday for two weeks and when I get back the credit card will have been hammered so I'll have to go a little easy.
I was given all I asked for and 600 rounds of all calibers and 1500 .22rf .I am now on the look out for a couple of left handed rifles.
This may fit the bill?

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18034

I have seen it and it is mint.

Tony
ovenpaa

#85 Post by ovenpaa »

Well done with the shiny new FAC, I assume cancelling the holiday and buying a rifle would not go down too well?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Swamp Donkey

#86 Post by Swamp Donkey »

ovenpaa wrote:Well done with the shiny new FAC, I assume cancelling the holiday and buying a rifle would not go down too well?
Good thinking, I was thinking the same ;)
@nd

#87 Post by @nd »

It was my Christmas presy from the wife. She booked it I paid for it wtfwtf and I like my nackers where the are, a rifle can wait two weeks
Middlebridge

#88 Post by Middlebridge »

You've just reminded me of how exciting it was as a newby doing my probationary course.

And it just keeps getting better.
@nd

#89 Post by @nd »

Back home now and like a kid in a candy store, I have found a .22lr target rifle I like the look of and I’ll have a look at it this weekend.

How would I stand?
I asked for my SGC to run along side my FAC, I was phoned and asked to post my old certificate back so my new one could be sent out once it had been received.
That would leave me a shotgun at home but no SGC to cover it if asked to produce one I was also going away and was unsure if a new certificate would arrive before I left.
I put the shotgun in to storage in a local gun shop before posting the certificate and have picked it up again now my new SGC/FAC arrived.
Could this have caused a problem legally had I not stored the gun at the gun shop or make no difference as I had a certificate but not physically able to produce it
@nd

#90 Post by @nd »

After a few days wait i have now bought my first rifle.
In another 12 months time i hope to be able to shoot it as it was designed to shoot ACCURATELY ;)
Attachments
IMG_0371.JPG