Shooting jackets

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

North Star
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan Provincial Rifle Association (North Star Range), Regina Wildlife Association range.

Re: Shooting jackets

#11 Post by North Star »

Have you considered the Kurt Thune jackets? They were the only company I could find that offered narrow and wide models in each height size (off the peg). I got a 'Club' jacket for my son who is doing 10m air rifle shooting, but it has a sling retainer so it will also work for prone. He's 6' 2" and is skinny as a bean pole, but it fits him well!
Never take good advice, if you think you know better.
johngarnett
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#12 Post by johngarnett »

An update on my new Creedmore jacket.........

The jacket was ordered 5 Aug. It was sent from Creedmore 27 Aug. (Quoted 12 - 14 weeks!), cleared by UK Customs and Parcelforce 6 Sept, delivered to me 10 Sept.

Very well made. Fits (!), Buckle/straps infinitely adjustable to 'seasonal variations'. It's been in action once and feels good. (Only good 'cos I've got to bend to it OR it has to bend to me!!) It will be great after a while.

I'm very pleased. If anyone wants more details or suggestions please PM me or call Gina Williams at Creedmore by phone or email.

JohnG :cornwall:
John MH

#13 Post by John MH »

Glad it worked out for you John.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

Mattnall wrote:I have a Creedmore high power jacket. Very good jacket and certainly improved my score across the course. Good in 3 positions - standing, sitting and prone.
Ordered it with custom sizes off their web site about 15 years ago. I went for a hard back (white for sun reflection) with ventilated sides. They didn't do it at the time but I could use the zips up the sides as when sitting it can get difficult unless you undo all the toggles but the top one, otherwise you end up looking like Smiffy from the Bash Street Boys.

Just a warning - I remember getting stung for the customs charges this end, not a nice surprise (I should have expected it, I suppose, but somehow I forgot about it).
Wilfred - Bash Street Kids :grin:

As you were tesnews :run:
DVC
Watcher

#15 Post by Watcher »

johngarnett wrote:An update on my new Creedmore jacket.........

The jacket was ordered 5 Aug. It was sent from Creedmore 27 Aug. (Quoted 12 - 14 weeks!), cleared by UK Customs and Parcelforce 6 Sept, delivered to me 10 Sept.

Very well made. Fits (!), Buckle/straps infinitely adjustable to 'seasonal variations'. It's been in action once and feels good. (Only good 'cos I've got to bend to it OR it has to bend to me!!) It will be great after a while.

I'm very pleased. If anyone wants more details or suggestions please PM me or call Gina Williams at Creedmore by phone or email.

JohnG :cornwall:
John,

How much did you pay in the end (including customs dues etc.). I have a Tucker jacket and the sleeve is torn. I'm quoted £50 per arm so it might be cheaper to buy a new jacket!
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#16 Post by Mattnall »

Blackstuff wrote:
Wilfred - Bash Street Kids :grin:
Wow, was it Wilfred? It was a long time ago and my memory is not what it was :good:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.