NRA probationer

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

@nd

Re: NRA probationer

#111 Post by @nd »

Although not strictly a probationer any more I’m still on a learning curve.
Before Christmas I decided to book up for a reloading course, after a quick internet search I managed to find a course in the London area. I booked up for this Saturday with Andy Allwood in Bracknell. Andy runs the course from home with an Aladdin’s cave of reloading supplies, as I have never done any reloading before I wanted a basic idea of what to do.
I arrived at Andy’s to a hearty breakfast before we started. I thought the course was run excellently with lots of safety pointers, it was run on a one to one basis and the best part is he runs the course for free, the only thing you pay for is what you use or buy from him and the prices he charges are not really more than any of the other reloading supplier.
All in all a really good day and I have come away with any worries I had put to rest and I feel I can now safely reload my own ammunition.