Wanted: Nagpur BAD lever or similar

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
safetyfirst

Wanted: Nagpur BAD lever or similar

#1 Post by safetyfirst »

Wanted: magpul BAD lever/troy/phase 5

Has anyone got one of these they tried, hated and shoved in "that drawer" that they'd like to turn into some money for a nice pint of ale?

Enough people have banged on about them that I fancy giving it a go.

Oh and thanks autocorrect.
techguy

Re: Wanted: Nagpur BAD lever or similar

#2 Post by techguy »

Have them in stock for £30 if one doesn't show up:

http://www.aw-armoury.co.uk/magpul-bad- ... -383-p.asp
safetyfirst

#3 Post by safetyfirst »

Thanks. Just trying to recycle :)
Maggot

#4 Post by Maggot »

Oddly if you just yank the charge handle back a tad and release it has a similar effect....and is easier to find with your right mitt.

Handy for holding open without a mag or swapping hands I suppose if required.
safetyfirst

#5 Post by safetyfirst »

It's the holding the bolt back aspect of it I like the look of, just a lot easier to clear the gun without coming off position.

I might hate it, I've resisted bolting things to my AR's, they've pretty much just got a scope on them, plus ambisafety and of course replacement triggers.
John MH

#6 Post by John MH »

safetyfirst wrote:It's the holding the bolt back aspect of it I like the look of, just a lot easier to clear the gun without coming off position.
So you clear your rifle and stay in position? The bolt catch should hold the bolt back without a Nagpur BAD lever or similar, if it doesn't a Nagpur Bad lever or similar isnt going to solve the problem.
Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

safetyfirst wrote:It's the holding the bolt back aspect of it I like the look of, just a lot easier to clear the gun without coming off position.

I might hate it, I've resisted bolting things to my AR's, they've pretty much just got a scope on them, plus ambisafety and of course replacement triggers.
I dont see the need for them mate TBH. Its a bolt on item to get year mit caught on in the trigger guard.

I seem to manage using my left hand on the latch if the empty mag does not hold it back. I tend to load what is needed for the practice to avoid technical s*** like counting.

No expert mind
techguy

#8 Post by techguy »

It's actually easier for releasing the bolt as you do it with the fingertip of your pistol grip/trigger hand rather than upsetting your sight picture and doing it with your supporting hand.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#9 Post by Airbrush »

What's it going on .22 or 5.56?
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

I'd agree that they're handier for releasing the bolt, rather than locking it, it makes it quicker for Option 3 (gun empty) starts. Example here at 3:13;

I've got one on my BR99 and while i have to lock back my bolt at the end of each PSG stage, i press the bar/button with my left hand, rather than trying to flick it up with my trigger finger. Different safety rules and applications would produce different needs/results though i suppose.
DVC