Schmidt-Rubin K31, dies and PPU brass.

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

Schmidt-Rubin K31, dies and PPU brass.

#1 Post by ptheta »

Up for sale is the last of my full bore rifles that I reload for as I just don't have the time any more due to small person commitments.

This is my Schmidt-Rubin K31 in the original 7.5x55. I've had this since 2010 and put 681 rounds through it in that time. I bought it from Andy Allwood from a batch that he had just imported at that time. It comes with a scope mount but no scope. Ignore the scope in the pictures, it didn't stay on there long as it wasn't appropriate for the rifle. You want a smallish scope that's not eye relief fussy on these as it's a side mount - I used a 6x40 in the end and it worked very well.
There's a few photos here from back in 2010. I can provide more (and hopefully better quality as I've upgraded my phone since then!) if anyone is interested in anything specific but it hasn't really changed:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Notice the piece of paper which I took out from under the butt plate to photograph and then immediately replaced. This is the equivalent of the label your mum sewed into the back of your PE kit when you were a kid - more on Wikipedia.

Also included is the associated reloading gear:
Lee dies,
a couple of hundred used PPU cases,
large rifle primes (can't remember exactly how many but probably around four or five hundred)
Lee case length trimmer insert.

I can get a picture done if anyone wants to see all that but if you're interested I expect you know what it all is.

I am based in Basingstoke but get up to Bisley pretty regularly. Would much prefer a face to face deal but will take to an RFD if you want to pay the costs.

Including all the reloading gear I'm looking for £250. I'd also consider a swap for a nice 12g side-by-side or pump gun or a pre-charged air rifle in good order but any swap would definitely need to be face to face.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Schmidt-Rubin K31, dies and PPU brass.

#2 Post by dromia »

PM sent.

I have some stuff that might be swapable as well if you are coming north, I'm definitely not going south.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
ptheta

#3 Post by ptheta »

PM replied to and I'll sort out a few more pictures to the same folder.

I'm afraid I won't be heading north any time soon.
Gaz

#4 Post by Gaz »

I'm at Bisley quite regularly and happy to make the effort to speak face-to-face. PM sent.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#5 Post by meles meles »

Buggrit ! That was a bargain...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

aye, it was, i missed this too
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
ptheta

#7 Post by ptheta »

I evidently under priced it :oops: butt then I tried selling it a while ago for slightly less but without the reloading gear and got no interest so such is the fickle nature of things. I shall stick to the price I named regardless as my word is worth more than trying to gouge a few extra quid out of the deal.

That said, I've been a bit overwhelmed by responses so I've found myself in the awkward position of having to try and pick between potential suitors. As I originally clearly stated that I would "much prefer a face to face deal" I'm going to give Gaz first refusal and then onto Adam (Dromia) as he said aye first but can't do a face to face deal. Apologies if anyone disagrees with my approach but I'm time poor right now and the convenience is a big plus for me.

I've also added a load more pictures to the album all of which were taken this evening.
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by WelshShooter »

How much for the Winnie the Pooh teddy :D
ptheta

#9 Post by ptheta »

More than my life is worth. signfunnypost

I wouldn't dare. Makes a handy gun rest though.