Kimber 84M SVT

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Kimber 84M SVT

#1 Post by Sim G »

Bugger!

Seen something of the Marlin variety manufactured around 1881.... :D

Something not often encountered in the UK, a Kimber. These are absolutely lovely, lovely rifles. This is the 84M SVT (Short Varmint Target. Mauser action with a 18 inch, fluted, bull barrel. This is a thick barrel! Far heavier than a varmint profile. 1 in 9" twist and a match chamber. The smoothest of actions. A heavy black and pepper laminated stock. Really, really nice condition. Not mint, but bloody close!

If wanted, a Leupold Vari-X III, 6.5-20x40 Long Range scope. 30mm tube, side paralax. Boxed with a Leupold Alumina sun shade and Alumina lens cover. Varmint Hunter reticle.

Leupold Rings and bases.

New, this package would be over two and a half grand. Non of your normal bollox claiming its a bargain by knocking a couple of hundred quid off what the retail price was....

Rifle and scope and rings and bases £1350.
Rifle alone with bases as dedicated for the 84M £950.
Scope and rings not available separately.

I'll get some pics up of the gun later, but a quick link to the model with specs...

http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products/ki ... m-262.aspx

And from the Kimber site with a better pic

http://www.kimberamerica.com/svt-81
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

Re: Kimber 84M SVT

#2 Post by saddler »

You need to get some tablets for that Marlinitis!!
You've not been the same since your lass "made" you watch BrokeBackMounting with her...

Kimber - nice 1911 pistols from what I remember.

Rifle looks nice....is the scope available separately?? green55
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Knob...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

Presumably in .223?
saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

TattooedGun wrote:Presumably in .223?
Aye - you'd think something THAT obvious would still be worth a mention in the original advert!

A very nice .223.
Read some of the online reviews....I'm surprised Sim had the good taste to buy something as Gucci as this...far too nice for him!
Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

Yep, sorry .223 Rem.

Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

A wee bump.

A lovely little .223 rifle with a 1 in 9" twist, heavy bull barrel, fluted with a match chamber and adjustable trigger, on a mini Mauser action set in a heavy, warp free, super strong, gorgeous laminate stock, with Leupold bases and a Leupold VarixIII if you want....

Bloody hell, what's not to like?!

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#8 Post by TattooedGun »

Sim G wrote: Bloody hell, what's not to like?!
Free slot, but just spent a fortune on my Remi 700 in 223 :( Doh.
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

Not to worry. A shame though. Kimber really are a cut above "factory" rifles. Unfortunately, they have not had a great deal of exposure in the UK for a number of reasons, much to our detriment....

Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

A little bump, then I'm putting her back in the cabinet....

Would consider a trade for pre-WW1 Marlin lever guns!