CMMG BHOA

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Hunter87

Re: CMMG BHOA

#11 Post by Hunter87 »

Airbrush wrote:I would rather not have a bolt hold open feature than use the 15-22 mags
kukkuk[/quote]
As I have said its a personal preference if you can live with how stupid the mags look on an AR well that's great but I can't.
breacher

#12 Post by breacher »

Me too.

Yes, its a convenient facility but by no means an essential one. Not for my plinking. Not for the club shooting. Not for the few comps I use the .22 in. Not for vermin shooting neither !

If I had not wanted the AR look, I would have bought a 10/22. Now that I have an AR, I want the mags looking authentic too.

I am sure the Ruger 10/22 shooters see us AR looky likey shooters as kukkuk too - choosing a rifle based on looks. So, why not choose the mags based on looks too ?
Hunter87

#13 Post by Hunter87 »

breacher wrote:Me too.

Yes, its a convenient facility but by no means an essential one. Not for my plinking. Not for the club shooting. Not for the few comps I use the .22 in. Not for vermin shooting neither !

If I had not wanted the AR look, I would have bought a 10/22. Now that I have an AR, I want the mags looking authentic too.
I agree breacher that's exactly the reason why I didn't buy a 15-22.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#14 Post by Airbrush »

Hey it's your rifle totally up to you guys, your logic does not compute with me though.

Do you actually shoot in front of a mirror? ;)
breacher

#15 Post by breacher »

So, Andy - when it came time to buy a semi auto .22 why did you choose an AR clone over a non AR clone ? If looks are nothing to do with it ?

And when you decided on a AR - why a Bradley Arms over a 15/22 or other AR clone ?
Airbrush

#16 Post by Airbrush »

breacher wrote:So, Andy - when it came time to buy a semi auto .22 why did you choose an AR clone over a non AR clone ? If looks are nothing to do with it ?

And when you decided on a AR - why a Bradley Arms over a 15/22 or other AR clone ?
AR clones weren't available mate. ;)
breacher

#17 Post by breacher »

Well, I find it confusing that you see us as kukkuk for choosing a mag based on authenticity when you have bought a hard to get ( waiting list ) and very expensive rifle generally accepted as a very authentic item, over a cheaper one off the shelf with the very mags as standard, which you subsequently adapt your bespoke AR to accept.

Now its time for me to kukkuk
Airbrush

#18 Post by Airbrush »

breacher wrote:Well, I find it confusing that you see us as kukkuk for choosing a mag based on authenticity when you have bought a hard to get ( waiting list ) and very expensive rifle generally accepted as a very authentic item, over a cheaper one off the shelf with the very mags as standard, which you subsequently adapt your bespoke AR to accept.

No I just wanted a fully functioning AR, simple as that, I will admit to not liking the 15 -22 mag's at first but after enjoying the functionality they bring to your rifle you soon forget about it.

If you want an inferior rifle because of looks that's your call. cheers
breacher

#19 Post by breacher »

Airbrush wrote:
breacher wrote:Well, I find it confusing that you see us as kukkuk for choosing a mag based on authenticity when you have bought a hard to get ( waiting list ) and very expensive rifle generally accepted as a very authentic item, over a cheaper one off the shelf with the very mags as standard, which you subsequently adapt your bespoke AR to accept.

No I just wanted a fully functioning AR, simple as that, I will admit to not liking the 15 -22 mag's at first but after enjoying the functionality they bring to your rifle you soon forget about it.

So why not the 15/22 ?
Airbrush

#20 Post by Airbrush »

breacher wrote:
Airbrush wrote:

So why not the 15/22 ?
It didn't exist when I got mine.