Deactivated AKS-74U

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
cmmg warrior

Deactivated AKS-74U

#1 Post by cmmg warrior »

A friend of mine owns a deactivated AKS-74U and is wanting to sell it to raise some cash. From what I understand it is an early deactivation so it's strippable and has a removable bolt and gas system and you can also "rack" it.

Its a very interesting piece and would have been used by tank crews and forces such as Spetsnaz back in the day.

I have attached some photos of it and if anyone is interested I can put you in touch with him.

He's asking £160 ono plus RFD fees if you are unable to collect from Worcestershire UK
Attachments
IMG_3196 (800x600).jpg
IMG_3194 (800x600).jpg
IMG_3193 (800x600).jpg
Last edited by cmmg warrior on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
saddler

Re: Deactivated AKS-74U

#2 Post by saddler »

RFD fees?
Thought these could be posted direct...
cmmg warrior

#3 Post by cmmg warrior »

Oh righto. Wasn't sure. I can check if anyone shows any interest in it.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#4 Post by DanTheMan »

If it cocks and dry fires with a certificate then I'll have it, PM sent.
Fredbloggs

#5 Post by Fredbloggs »

You have pm

best regards

Fred
cmmg warrior

#6 Post by cmmg warrior »

It cocks and dry fires but it hasn't got a certificate with it. My friend says he never had one when he bought it from D J Litts in Newport and we all know what happened to Andrew Litt . But you can plainly tell its deactivated.
Does anyone know what the proof marks on a pre '89 deact are supposed to look like and I'll ask him to look for them.
Rockhopper

#7 Post by Rockhopper »

You can get a new certificate from the proof house for £30 ish I think it is. There is no legal requirement to have one but it can help sometimes.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#8 Post by snayperskaya »

cmmg warrior wrote:It cocks and dry fires but it hasn't got a certificate with it. My friend says he never had one when he bought it from D J Litts in Newport and we all know what happened to Andrew Litt . But you can plainly tell its deactivated.
Does anyone know what the proof marks on a pre '89 deact are supposed to look like and I'll ask him to look for them.
I believe this is one of the Tula Arsenal factory produced "deactivated" AKs that are made as dedicated non-firing versions from the word go and have never been a functioning firearm and therefore aren't actually deactivated in the true sense.Usually etched or engraved on the receiver will be three Cyrillic letters (look like Mrb actually mgv, some have mmg as well) that denoted it as a "dummy" AK-74u.Oleg at Rusmilitary is/was selling quite a range at one time, including the SVD and AN-94 Abakan assault rifle (very rare!).
These factory produced dummy versions were also produced by the Izhmash Arsenal (now KalashnikovConcern).
Last edited by snayperskaya on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Rockhopper

#9 Post by Rockhopper »

Does that make it a RIF then?
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#10 Post by snayperskaya »

Rockhopper wrote:Does that make it a RIF then?
Found this.....

BRITISH & EUROPEAN MARKET: Deactivated AKS-74U (MGV) has gained a Type approval by the Russian authorities, member of International Proof Commission (CIP) and modification of its parts excludes any possibility of converting it into an active firearm. Russian Proof Certificate No:RU.SA02.V001420 . This type of deactivated weapons does NOT require the UK proof marks, due to its compliance with European Weapons Directive 91/477 EEC Annex III (a): For the purposes of this Annex objects which corresponds to the definition of a 'firearm' shall not be included in that definition if they: (a) have been rendered permanently unfit for use by the application of technical procedures which are guaranteed by an official body or recognised by such a body. In this case, this body is the Russian Proof Authority. As for the latest Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006, 'deactivated firearms and antique imitations (such as old dummy rifles used for drill practice) are expressly excluded from the definition of realistic imitation firearm and are therefore not affected by the new offence either'.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!