Deactivated AKS-74U

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Deactivated AKS-74U

#31 Post by dromia »

Helping a member is fine but doing it on a for sale thread isn't really helpful, we have a PM system for that sort of interaction.

The stated price is the stated price and is the sellers choice, this thread has changed from a for sale thread to a whats it worth thread all be it with some interesting background to what it is.

You have to ask yourselves have my contributions on here helped the seller sell his piece, so far it hasn't by the looks of things, it has just distracted from the OP. Farmer7's point is valid that even after all the "help" the seller is happy with his price.

The OP might want consider re-posting his original advert and I will then remove this thread so that he has a clean for sale post.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Sim G

#32 Post by Sim G »

HALODIN wrote:It's being sold for a friend, so I think it's OK.
Integrity.

It was offered at a price that was accepted. That price was confirmed on behalf of the the seller. The deal is done. Throwing into the mix is a poor show.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HALODIN

#33 Post by HALODIN »

I agree. In all good conscience, if someone doesn't appear to be getting a fair price for something, I feel duty bound to mention it.
Sim G wrote:Integrity.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#34 Post by dromia »

It is where and how you mention it that is the issue here.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

HALODIN

#35 Post by HALODIN »

I didn't think it mattered as the owner of the rifle and the thread are different people, but if you prefer, I'll use the PM system next time.
dromia
Site Admin

#36 Post by dromia »

Yes that would be better and I don't see the relevance of the owner not being the person who posted the ad.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#37 Post by snayperskaya »

Hunter87 wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
breacher wrote:If I saw an item for sale, offered the full asking price and then had people telling the seller he should double the price, I would feel miffed !
I agree :good:
Surly it's better that the seller gets a fair price for his item rather than loosing out just so you can get a bargain.
I know how much this is worth but refrained from saying as someone had already said they would purchase it at the price listed in the first post.It the seller had done his/her homework they would know what it is worth and would have priced it accordingly.
How would you feel if you had agreed a sale at the listed price only to have umpteen different people saying the price is too low and the seller should ask more?.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
saddler

#38 Post by saddler »

Aye....but VCRA items are a different kettle of fish to de-acts, both legally and financially.
HALODIN

#39 Post by HALODIN »

I don't think anyone was suggesting that, only that it could have sold for more.
snayperskaya wrote:seller should ask more?.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#40 Post by snayperskaya »

HALODIN wrote:I don't think anyone was suggesting that, only that it could have sold for more.
snayperskaya wrote:seller should ask more?.
That may or may not be what anyone was suggested but it could make a seller reconsider his/her position on the price.......would people message a seller on Ebay, for example, if an item was priced too low???.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!