RE-Loading Lee Pro 1000 .38/.357

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Explosive

Re: RE-Loading Lee Pro 1000 .38/.357

#11 Post by Explosive »

What is the purpose of having a high capacity loading system when the UK laws greatly restrict the amount of ammo a person can possess ?
ovenpaa

#12 Post by ovenpaa »

As far as restrictions go on ammunition holding I am personally allowed to hold 11,850 rounds plus I have a cartridge collectors ticket so I can hold up to 550 rounds of 2,7-19,1mm solid plus expanding plus armour piercing per example which probably equates to several large warehouses full.

On top of that as an RFD I have no cap on holdings as long as I can hold it securely (Stuff it in the armoury)

Then there is the wife's allowance which is probably similar on a personal basis...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Explosive

#13 Post by Explosive »

Ovenpaa wrote:As far as restrictions go on ammunition holding I am personally allowed to hold 11,850 rounds plus I have a cartridge collectors ticket so I can hold up to 550 rounds of 2,7-19,1mm solid plus expanding plus armour piercing per example which probably equates to several large warehouses full.

On top of that as an RFD I have no cap on holdings as long as I can hold it securely (Stuff it in the armoury)

Then there is the wife's allowance which is probably similar on a personal basis...
I have been lied to, I did not know that everyone was allowed to have 11000 + rounds
Sim G

#14 Post by Sim G »

Explosive wrote:What is the purpose of having a high capacity loading system when the UK laws greatly restrict the amount of ammo a person can possess ?
I can possess 26000 rounds of various calibres at anyone time on top of as many millions of shotgun cartridges I can afford. What's your point?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#15 Post by Sim G »

Richard, back to the OP. You will find no greater Lee fan than me, but their progressive machines are pants, in my opinion. If you want a progressive, there are better.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

everyone isn't, it differs person to person, force to force, and reason to reason. Personally I am allowed to hold 5900 total, varying in amount per calibre
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Explosive

#17 Post by Explosive »

Sim G wrote:
Explosive wrote:What is the purpose of having a high capacity loading system when the UK laws greatly restrict the amount of ammo a person can possess ?
I can possess 26000 rounds of various calibres at anyone time on top of as many millions of shotgun cartridges I can afford. What's your point?
My point now is that I have been misled................ I am happy to note that qws can have 26000 rounds for his Marlin.
safetyfirst

#18 Post by safetyfirst »

(Face palm)
ovenpaa

#19 Post by ovenpaa »

Actually it is SimG who can hold 25k+

On a personal front I am quite new to under levers and have found already just how easy it is to get through a few boxes of ammunition in an afternoon hence the volume reloading. My 1000/1200 yard shooting loads are on a fairly low key level.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
safetyfirst

#20 Post by safetyfirst »

I'll bring some .45 Colt up when you're done massaging my Winchester , you'll soon have another die set on order :)