RE-Loading Lee Pro 1000 .38/.357

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
toffe wrapper

Re: RE-Loading Lee Pro 1000 .38/.357

#21 Post by toffe wrapper »

The lee presses will do the job are they the best no. I use a loadmaster for 9mm & 44mag easy to switch calibres on a LM. 9mm priming is tricky to get right on a loadmaster as the 19s shell plate does not align the case for the primer to go in due to it doing both 9mm & 40cal but I use a modified 6s shell plate not the 19s and it works fine if lee made a dedicated 9mm plate it would sort it. 44 mag is easy and large priming works a treat on any calibre.
I did run 3 1000s years ago and had no issues with 9mm,45acp & 357 they were mounted to a very strong bench so no movement. If you kept everything toped up they worked a treat. 1 tip with all lee progressives is load about 120 primers at the start then have bullets in batches of 100 then every time you use a batch of bullets add another 100 primers that way the chute does not run dry, same with powder put a piece of paper on say the 5th batch of 100 bullets and top up powder.
qws

#22 Post by qws »

phaedra1106 wrote:Pro1000 isn't the best of kits :(

I have 2 Lee LoadMaster progressives, one for the 300aac and the other for 44 mag. If you want to see one in the flesh I could bring one down tonight, should be there 6:30-7pm depending on number 1 cats visit to the vets at 4pm :(
thanks for showing me your LoadMaster. Seems very easy to us. Still not sure which make/ brand to go, Going to the shooting Show in Feb will have a look their may even see a @nd hand one to keep costs down a bit.

Once again Thanks - Richard
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#23 Post by FredB »

I got one in the '80s and used it for 357 rounds---I shot several thousand a year at the time---but I now have a variety of rifles in mostly obsolete calibres and use a Lee turret instead. I am not sure the Pro 1000 is still fully complete---it is in the garage store room now--but, if anybody wants it, they can have it.
Fred
qws

#24 Post by qws »

FredB wrote:I got one in the '80s and used it for 357 rounds---I shot several thousand a year at the time---but I now have a variety of rifles in mostly obsolete calibres and use a Lee turret instead. I am not sure the Pro 1000 is still fully complete---it is in the garage store room now--but, if anybody wants it, they can have it.
Fred
I will take it ? I can arrange to collect by our courier we use at work. Any chance of a picture ?
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#25 Post by FredB »

Give me a ring on 01902744928 to arrange collection.
Fred